I have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl, both my boys are ADD. Although its hard to cvope and they do wind each other up a lot of the time, I have found that it gets easier as time goes on. When we were waiting for my eldest sons diagnosis, i was at college doing Mental Health and i did my thesis on ADD (ADHD here in the UK) At that time it was said that kids with ADD have no emotions and are unable to form emotional bonds. These findings have since been found not to be the case. ADD kids are among some of the most loving kids on the face of this earth, they just have a difficulty sometimes in expressing themselves. They are not deliberately naughty and it has to be accepted by all who come into contact with them that they are disabled. Dont judge these kids and pass them off without giving them a chance.

I have an eight year old boy with ADD. He was speech delayed when he was younger, and he also has some pysical immatuities. He had some trouble when he was born too, I had pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure so they took him out at 8 mos. Then when they had him in our hospital he was having some breathing difficulties and then they brought him to another hospital for special treatment.

That all kind of interrupted our initial two weeks together. Then when he came home, that was another adjustment. We didn't know too many people with children, so we felt sort of isolated. He also had colic as a yound baby which made it hard to bring him places.

You never really know what having children will be like until you actually go there, and see that maybe it was alot more than you could handle and maybe it was wrong.

So now I am 37 and we are both sort of guarded about the subject. It helps to have this place to turn to, I would definitely be a different person without this websight where I can unload all my disjointed problems. It really helps me, and I always hope that others can learn from what I have gone through and then with advice maybe not get stuck in one place.

I don't know too much about the pagans, is it like mythology?

Hi

Paganism is light witchcraft. We use it for healing. Paganism is a way of life, a lot of back to nature. I am new to it really, our site has its own pagan advisor, he has been a high priest for 25 years.

I am a spiritualist, and teach mediumship development.

My kids are hard work, its very hard to take them anywhere, but I wouldnt be without any of them. Its hard as other people dont understand.

My eldest had a very high general (135)and performance (141) IQ's when he was younger but his vocabularly IQ was only 105 I wonder is this conducive with ADD kids??

I am still waiting to get my boys on medication after we relocated recently and the area we moved to wanted to re-assess my son.

Take care Shelli

We have him on concerta now which seems to really help.

I follow Nicholas Perricones diet and I came accross something for children in the grocery store and I do believe that it has helped him, extemely well.

It is made by nordic naturals, it is called Ultimate Omega, children's DHA formulas. It is a dietary supplement for omega 3!!

I take some of these suplements myself and they have really helped me.

I wish you peace and good luck!

He has a high intelligence for new information, but he had a really hard time learning to read and write, so they wanted me to hold him back in Knindergarten and 1st grade, but I didn't and he is just now gettin caught up in second grade, he also is in special education, which has helped him learn greatly.

He is really sensative to the teaching style, so he can be a little touchy at times. We also have him in gymnastics which is really helping, but he is sad right now as his favorite instructor is moving to the advanced class only and the instructor that he has doesn't handle the classes very well.

Talk to you later!