Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm 16, always like older men

FballGirl23

I'm 16, always like older men

Most people freak out when they hear this, but I'm sixteen years old and I am always attracted to older men, and by older men I mean 30, 40, even 50 years old. It has nothing to do with wanting them physically. I just find that older men are more mature, experienced, and intelligent. Everyone my age I find completely boring. I don't know what to do, because while it is rather illegal for me to be with older men, I don't like the younger boys, and i don't think I should have to be unhappy. I guess I was just born in the wrong generation... I always agonize over this. I guess I am just looking for advice or something.

Kayla

Gilgamesh
    Hello Kayla

I do understand what your talking about, when I was 16 I owas attracted to girls in their 20s (women are usually mature quicker than guys) teenage girls all they wanted to do is play around, and gossip.

I also have always gotten along better with women then guys, most of the guys all they wanted to talk about is chicks, cars and sports, nothing wrong with that but hey there is a big world out there and a lot more to talk about.

But you must be carefull Kayla, you are too young to go exploring any sexual situation with these men and even thoughthat is not your intention, they might get the wrong ideas.

You are an intelligent young girl that yearns for mature companionship/friendship. in our society this is not very acceptable and Age gap relationships are almost Taboo. although they are better accepted in other countries.

My advise is to have intelligent dialog in chat rooms and boards, dont lead anyone on as that wouldnt be fair. be patient your age will catch up with your mind soon enough.

paul475

You Could Be On to Something...

...or up to it.

Chronological age is a bit misleading as I have seen folks in their 60's and 70's who have the maturity of someone in their teens -- and younger.

And sometimes different parts of us mature at different rates, usually owing to some form of trauma. At least that's been my experience. In other words, when trauma occurs, we wall-off that part of ourselves that was injured and that part remains stuck, isolated and removed from the rest of our experience. The rest of our personality then tries to compensate for this loss by becoming MORE mature.

The way I've seen men and women mature suggests to me that a man in his 30's has about the same amount of power to attract and maintain a relationship as a woman in her late teens, early 20's. As women get older, they have about the same amount of power as a young man in his late teens and early 20's.

Enjoy your power while it lasts. You won't finish out your life with much of it intact, whereas men will have ALL the power in the relationship.

Remember that when your male peers squeal and whine about how, "she done me wrong," and remind them about this power flip-flop phenomenon. It doesn't make emotional rape or the pain of a breakup any easier in a specific circumstance, but overall, things between the sexes do tend to balance out in my experience.

aloneforever
    Theres nothing wrong with liking older guys, but don't go out with them you'll wind up breaking hearts. I know this from experience, you'll wind up feeling hurt and used afterwards. Don't worry just wait.

jennykitty
    don't worry I understand how you feel. I am the same way, i am also 16. i have been having a relationship with an older man, much much older just like you said you are attacted to. we have been in a relationship for 10 months and going strong. we have are differences and sometimes we have falling outs because of it. But, i look at like this, i care deeply about him as he does for me , what really matters? Before getting in a relationship like this you have to be ready to deal with people that are narrow minds. They may call you a gold digger or your parnter a child mosleter, don't let that get to you. they don't know and if they are that narrow minded they don't deserve too. Also you need to know that your role in the relationship could change for lover to caregiving in a second and the fact that you may be widowed at an early age. those are just somethings to keep in mind but if you are comfortable and he is too, go for it. 8)
    love faith and pixie dust,
    jenny

bettiepagerules
    Yah I love older men too and any topic to do with it. I think they are just sexier and some of the time my obscure interests connect with older people

Kevin Spacey was hot in American Beauty
    Jeremy Irons was hot in Lolita (There is a style in japan called Elegant Gothic Lolita, I'm interested in fashion though)
    Philip Seymour Hoffman was hot in the 25th Hour
    I like the book Amy & Isabelle
    I've found mangas (japanese comics) to do with older ppl w/teens

I'm always attracted to my male teachers, I'm just gonna wait until I'm 18 and date men. The oldest man that I have been interested in is 55. I still like guys my age. I'm pretty open. It's easier for me to open up to someone who is older.

mk

Re: I'm 16, always like older men

I want to ask, what do you or anybody think about what's quality does a man has that make him mature?

Any advices? What does he do to show that he is mature and she could feel comfort around her.

Reply back.....

Quote Originally Posted by FballGirl23
    Most people freak out when they hear this, but I'm sixteen years old and I am always attracted to older men, and by older men I mean 30, 40, even 50 years old. It has nothing to do with wanting them physically. I just find that older men are more mature, experienced, and intelligent. Everyone my age I find completely boring. I don't know what to do, because while it is rather illegal for me to be with older men, I don't like the younger boys, and i don't think I should have to be unhappy. I guess I was just born in the wrong generation... I always agonize over this. I guess I am just looking for advice or something.

Kayla

Poet_gurl
    I know exactly how you feel. I've pretty much always gone for guys quite a deal older than myself. Most of my attractions to guys within my age range have not been nearly to the same extent of the ones to the ones older than myself. I guess I just love a guy that's been through things I have not yet and can give me more insight into life..I am fascinated by that. I am in love with a man in his 30's and I am in my late teens, so here I go again. It's just natural for me I suppose Don't let anyone tell you that you are "nasty" or "bizarre" for feeling how you do. Age is just a number.

dfcannon
    For what it's worth, I'd like to help ya get over this idea that you were born in the wrong generation. It's important for you and other young girls on this board to know. I'm a male in his 30s, and the vast majority of people in my age group are SO dysfunctional in their male-female relationships. I'm not a social historian, but here's roughly how things went, in my humble opinion:

Ancient history: Men hunted, women stayed home. Men fought wars and died. Everyone died before 35. Girls at 13 were adults. Life was kinda rough, eh?
    1800s: I dunno, about the same. Girls were adults maybe at 16.
    Early 1900s: In the US, men voted, women did not. World was getting meaner by the minute. WWI was a real ugly mess. Women were fed up with modern life, things were getting harder and more complicated, so women fought for the right to vote and won.
    1950s: Everyone was glad that the Allies had won WWII. Jobs were plentiful, men went out and worked and women stayed at home and had lots of babies. These babies are now called "Baby Boomers." Early feminists still thought men were gonna get us all killed with their silly wars and nuclear weapons, etc, and wanted positions of influence to make the world better.
    1960s: US government decided to take out a small regime on the other side of the world, in a country called Vietnam, and decided it was okay to just send as many young men as it needed to do its job, and young people were kind upset because they seemed to be dying for no clear reason. Colleges went berserk, everyone rebelled, did drugs, had sex.
    1970s: Boy, these drugs and sex are fun!
    1980s: Hmm, this is all fun, but let's also make a pile of money, and maybe a woman ought to have her career. Early feminist messages were distorted, and single women in this era saw men as the "enemy" who would hold them down in their life's ambitions, and besides, men are just Neanderthal, over-sexed pond scum, anyway. LOL
    1990s: Well, maybe men are not completely bad, but they're still just guys.
    2000+: Hmmm...it's YOUR choice isn't it?? In other words, try to make the male-female thing a little more to your liking.

I'm single and have never been married, and all through my 20s could never, ever find a girl who would treat me with respect and who actually WANTED a serious relationship! They always judged me against TV images or their ideal of what would give them the most gratification ($$), instead of wanting a REAL relationship. Every date was like a job interview. In college and even beyond, it was often considered a weird idea to have a bf/gf, because it was considered a sign of weakness. It was even something to tease people about. Amazing, huh?

So, I have no idea what guys your age will turn out to be like, but I can give you a little hint: it will have a LOT to do with how you MAKE them turn out. Because girls are, after all, the makers of relationships and the keepers of society, and guys need a little of your guidance. Maybe the guy of your dreams IS older and more mature, but please don't assume that the grass is always greener....that coming from a guy who lives on the "other side of the street."

10. 08-13-2003, 05:28 AM

love4olderguys

Quote Originally Posted by bettiepagerules [Register to see the link]
    Yah I love older men too and any topic to do with it. I think they are just sexier and some of the time my obscure interests connect with older people

Kevin Spacey was hot in American Beauty
    Jeremy Irons was hot in Lolita (There is a style in japan called Elegant Gothic Lolita, I'm interested in fashion though)
    Philip Seymour Hoffman was hot in the 25th Hour
    I like the book Amy & Isabelle
    I've found mangas (japanese comics) to do with older ppl w/teens

I'm always attracted to my male teachers, I'm just gonna wait until I'm 18 and date men. The oldest man that I have been interested in is 55. I still like guys my age. I'm pretty open. It's easier for me to open up to someone who is older.

i totally agree....kevin spacey was soo hot in american beauty!!
    im 16 too and like older guys...its ok xx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice