how to ask a girl to be my girl friend

Hey all i need some help I've started to go out with this girl from a different city. We have been talking online for almost a whole year now we have got to know each other the only problem was that we couldn't meet due to the fact neighter of use wanted to have our parents find out who whe were going out with. So now that we both have got our license we have started to go out. Even though we have had 3 dates right in a row I've known her for almost a whole year the only problem is that we haven't seen what each other looked like. So of our 3 dates to have been spent at her house wear I have meet her parents. But anyways I'm a shy guy and need to find the right words to say how I like her and also the words to how to ask her to be my girl friend. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Aztec,

Welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us with your questions. I am glad to read that things are going so well for you. It looks like that you are really happy.

As for taking the next step, it's a little hard. Every young woman is different and every situation is different, too. I have read how one of our members got asked at night under the sky. I found that very romantic. It's also easier to express your feelings in a romantic environment. You could tell her how you feel about her and that you have grown very close to her while you got to know her. Then you could explain that your feelings for her have reallly developped over time. Meanwhile it might be a good idea to show your affection for her by hugging her, or wrapping an arm around her while you talk to her.

I hope this is what you are looking for and I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~

hey thank you for the help the only thing is that when watching a movie I mean I put my arm around her and she starts to warm up to me then all of a sudden when I get up to say like throw something away she backs away when I sit back down so I try and get her back to feel comfortable but it takes awhile I'm not sure if thats only because we have been at her house with her parents home or because of me getting up I'm not sure.