I'm gay, best friend is straight

Hey, my best friend is straight and we've been good friends for a few years now. He used to not care about the gay thing, but recently, every time I get close to him, he acts like I'm trying to molest him or something. A good example would be that he was reading a paper the other day and I was reading on the same page. I grabbed a corner of the paper to get a better look at it, but he acted like I was going for his crotch and jerked back. I've never made any indication that I wanted him, other than a few joking commments. What should I do?

Is this a guy-guy friendship, or a guy-girl friendship? Either way, if you're best friends, you should just be straight with him (no pun intended). If you're a guy, just tell him you're not interested in him, that you are well aware that he is straight and value your friendship as it is and wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable or jeopardize the friendship in any way. If you're a girl, just let him know that you're gay (if he doesn't already know that). Let him know you have no intentions of molesting him and fancy girls, not guys. It's that simple. I think gay friendships (between gay people or between a gay and a straight person) are great. My best friend is gay (I'm female, he's male). The key to making the friendship work is to have all those misconceptions/misunderstandings cleared out so that you guys can just be natural around each other so that you can share a lot more personal thoughts without feeling weird around the other person (ie. perceiving or having any sexual tension in the friendship),

Also, it might be because someone has put ideas in his head about you. Some people cannot grasp that being gay does not mean you are a supersexual, nympho trying to get all he/she can. Ignorance is everywhere my friend. He could just be questioning is own masculinity or sexuality. Talk to him about your concerns.....that's what friends do. Good luck! ps. Do not ask him if he's questioning his sexual orientation..... if he is he will offer that insight when he's ready.