What is the point of dating when you are thirteen, anyway? You gonna get married at 18? You want to make sure to get the cream of your junior high?

I think that you could really wait until you are 21 and not lose much! Let the boys catch up a little and all that jazz.

So were you responsible at making bribes? Or were those two separate actions? Wait until you are 17, there should still be plenty of guys to chose from at that age.

Try learning in school, before you get too into in dating.

I don't see the point in dating until you can get your license or your date can drive. I never dated until I was 17. Not being able to drive seems like it would suck..your parents would be there driving u everywhere. Me and my g/f spend a lot of personal time when I'm driving us to when ever we go somewhere, we talk about a lot, hold hands, joke around, etc. (we talk a lot about personal stuff, and car is a great place because no one can u hear but just her and u or him and u). I wouldn't worry to much about dating at 13 wait to your a little older and your not just doing it to be "cool".

the best way to win over your parents is just to give in to them. Follow their rules, and help out more around the house. Maybe a little bit of the guilt factor will work (maybe talk to a friend on the phone and tell them that you can't go out because your parents won't let you, but keep it subtle), but you have to give in to what they're requesting of you. I also agree that you should wait until you or your date has their license, because it's kind of akward when your parents have to drive you everywhere. Not to mention that at 13 no one's really, truly mature enough to handle dating anyway. There are 3 billion fish in the sea, give them all some time to mature enough to handle you.

~Ali~

• 10 years later...

If your parents wont let you AT ALL, then you need to just stay positive and look at it from a different point of view. It may feel like your missing out on something big, but are you really? Just remember that you've got your whole life ahead of you for dating.

Archived