Ask For Advice

Thread: Dating

coolkid2076

Dating

The problem with my life is my parents won't let me date, even though I'm 13 I can't stand it. All my friends are doing it except me. What should I do? I have tried being responsible, making bribes, doing everything possible to let them make me date. Nothing works. Help.

sisterlynch

You are a little young!

What is the point of dating when you are thirteen, anyway? You gonna get married at 18? You want to make sure to get the cream of your junior high?

I think that you could really wait until you are 21 and not lose much! Let the boys catch up a little and all that jazz.

So were you responsible at making bribes? Or were those two separate actions? Wait until you are 17, there should still be plenty of guys to chose from at that age.

Try learning in school, before you get too into in dating.

prelude93
    I don't see the point in dating until you can get your license or your date can drive. I never dated until I was 17. Not being able to drive seems like it would suck..your parents would be there driving u everywhere. Me and my g/f spend a lot of personal time when I'm driving us to when ever we go somewhere, we talk about a lot, hold hands, joke around, etc. (we talk a lot about personal stuff, and car is a great place because no one can u hear but just her and u or him and u). I wouldn't worry to much about dating at 13 wait to your a little older and your not just doing it to be "cool".

alicat216
    the best way to win over your parents is just to give in to them. Follow their rules, and help out more around the house. Maybe a little bit of the guilt factor will work (maybe talk to a friend on the phone and tell them that you can't go out because your parents won't let you, but keep it subtle), but you have to give in to what they're requesting of you. I also agree that you should wait until you or your date has their license, because it's kind of akward when your parents have to drive you everywhere. Not to mention that at 13 no one's really, truly mature enough to handle dating anyway. There are 3 billion fish in the sea, give them all some time to mature enough to handle you.

~Ali~

ATO123
    If your parents wont let you AT ALL, then you need to just stay positive and look at it from a different point of view. It may feel like your missing out on something big, but are you really? Just remember that you've got your whole life ahead of you for dating.

Top Threads
Wife's Midlife Crisis and Emotional Affair
Ok, at this point, I'm just looking for perspective, thoughts, feelings about dealing with a spouse going through a midlife crisis, and an emotional
Starting business with gf
Hi there - my gf told me she always wanted to open a book store. One night I told her that she would be really good at it. The next day she sent me a
My boyfriend wants me to move in with him. HELP!
Hi. I'm 22 years old, and my boyfriend is 23. We have been together for a year now and during this past year we have been through a lot of struggles
The most difficult situation of my life
Hi guys, I would like to make it as short as possible.So basically my story start on the high school, 4 years ago. I went to the first class and met
Will my ex ever talk to me again after my behavior?
This is kind of a long story that took place over multiple years. I'll just layout all the details first, before getting into what I did. I dated
Told my ex a guy kissed me?!?!?! Help!
Hey guys, to cut a super long story short my ex broke up with me 2 months ago but we still kind of wanted to be together because he messaged me here
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I
Featured Threads
He Left My Clothes in His Yard to Pick Up
Here is a follow to my situation: After I spent four days with this guy I met online, I inadvertently left a few clothes at his place. Almost two
Does he really think I'm trolling him/can't trust me or is just an excuse?
Met a guy last summer. I broke it off with him 3 times in 6 dates, over concern about distance, but kept apologizing. The last break off he said he
My 8 year old won't go to sleep or stay asleep 😣😣
Feel like I am losing my mind. My 8 year old just won't go to bed.. or she at least won't stay in bed. She is still up now at 9.45pm (after being
HSP in LDR, about to move to be with him and get married
Im a Highly Sensitive Person. I get very overwhelmed very easily. If i dont sleep well, if theres too much noise, if there are too many
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I
Stomach flu fears
I have a huge fear of stomach flu, if i am exposed or know someone has had it a have really bad anxiety and stress over it. Yesterday at 11am at my
Boyfriend Likes Questionable Pictures on Instagram– Should I Be Worried?
Long story short, he's been liking some questionable pictures that this other woman (whom he knows irl) posts. In one of the pictures he liked, she's
Ask For Advice