Okay, I was dating this guy Justin back in September, and we got really close. We were only together for 2 months, and we broke up because we just lost communication. Anyway, he moved back in with his ex-fiancee (the only girl, besides me, that he's ever slept with), and I thought they were getting back together. So I stopped talking to him alltogether, and he never called me, either. Then he showed up at my work, where he used to work as well, but I wasn't there, so he left a message for me to call him. I called him that night, and we talked for like half an hour. Here's the deal with him: When we were dating, he worked 5 jobs to be able to pay for college, and they were all little dinky jobs, including Subway, Jamba Juice, and Blockbuster. His parents wouldn't pay for his college because he wasn't going to a mormon college. He lived with his brother Jesse and Jesse's fiancee, he didn't have a car, and I didn't see him sober but once the entire time we were dating. If it wasn't pot, it was alcohol (he's 22). When I talked to him the other night, he'd gotten a great job that pays him in 3 days what he was making at all 5 of his other jobs combined in a month. He bought a brand new Rodeo, and he's putting a down payment on a house next week. He quit the drugs, and he only drinks about once a month. Also, he's not back together with his ex. They do live together, but as friends, and he hasn't kissed her once since they moved in. The next day, he called me in school and I talked to him for a good 45 minutes, and we agreed that he'd come over and we'd hang out that night at my house. As soon as he got here, he gave me a huge hug and the whole night he kept talking about how good I looked and how much he missed me. But when my brother asked us if we were dating, he said, "NO. We're friends. FRIENDS." So I'm wondering: does he want me back, or does he just feel bad about not talking to me for 4 months? Was he ashamed of himself when we were together, and so now that he has his life on a steady track he thinks he's good enough for us to be more than just friends? I don't get it...I only want to be friends with him for now anyway, but will he want more in the future???

~Ali~

Looks like he wants you but doesn't want to give up on his ex either. Maybe he is just weighing things right now. Take things slow, act cool, and don't show him your real emotions. Also try and keep an eye on what his real status is with his ex. Wish you all the best.

sonja

• 3 weeks later...

When a person feels something for someone that person is not afraid to show emotions and doesnt care about what the people may say around.

This guy lives and sleeps with his ex..or posible still girlfriend. We've all seen through this forums how hard is to deal with a break up. The person whose got the heart broken needs space and time to get over it. Believe me it's a nightmare. That "living together as friends is just bs taken from soup operas" He is your friend right?. Let him be honest first, specially if u want sth in the future.

Be careful my dear nobody deserves to fall in an abyss being lied to. Good luck.