Peace and not war

To kill I can't

O'war I hate you

I hate you so

Soldier am I

But to war I won't

~ Eterna2

i stand in agreement with you.

I am against war, but for world peace. I participated in Operation Desert Storm and served on the front lines in the heart of the war, seeing dead bodies lyin in the streets . As of last night, i began to have nightmares. I dreamed i saw a helicopter going down on the side of a misty white mountain...and i was a civilian with my children, but i just reacted the way i knew how to...as an authoritative figure, and quickly directed and forcefully ordered literally thousands of ppl, mainly teens and kids to safety...They moved quickly just as i ordered them to...without questioning my position or actions...

the only thing that was runing thru my mind at the moment...as i watched a couple of girls as they were playing "patti~cake" is,.."They just dont know the severity of it all."

very heart breaking...even moreso, to have flashbacks and nightmares to surface during this time of war, because I know whats going on over there, for the first time...afar distance...

very traumatic event...

ya... i agree with u... I may not have these experiences, but just pure imagining wat happening down there... makes me sad...

I hope i will nv get the chance... in fact, no one shld experience this, especially children. no more war...

I hope everything settle down soon... I still think violence and war solves nothing, no one wins a win, everyone is a loser, especially the mothers and the childrens... on both side...

sigh*

light a candle for peace...

but nothing brings back a son, a father, a brother...

sigh*

im going to light a candle in a moment...and you just inspired me to ask others that may read this, to do the same...

i will also make post on my message board, (and i will post the link if anyone would like to visit ) asking people to support these innocent victims by lighting a candle as well, and slilently praying if they do believe in divine intervention...

Right now, i am having a really tough time dealing with this war...and getting emotional by the moment...doesnt matter how strong a person can be,...life in a warzone is NOTHING COMPARABLE to sitting in safety´s arms behind a computer and halfway around the world.

Just to give u guys a brief idea of what its like...

we were convoying into IRAQ in Hummers, with the doors off, for immediate reaction to sniper fire...It was raining, COLD and we were travelling at a very slow pace because we were convoying through SEVERAL layers of landmines and booby traps that were planted, at the same time having to scan enemy territory with fully loaded M50 and M60 machine guns, and i was a M60 machine gunner..FREEZING..my hand was frozen stuck to my weapon...makin it even worse, it was at night...(cant go into more detail than that sorry)...but u better believe that we were loaded with every munition possibly to exist in the military...(Bradley tanks were a part of the convoy so many intervals between hummers)

The smell in the air stunk of death...i cant even begin to explain it to any of you, and i just got used to the smell..but to see enemy tanks that are suppose to be jet black in colour...hours after being blown up by US AIrforce bomber jets,...RED in colour because they´re intensely hot, and dead bodies lying outside of the tanks...is very traumatic...

This is only one isolated incident of hundreds that i expereinced while in all 3 Operations in the Gulf war...and i must say...pppl...please pray 4 our troops. Alot goes on, that you WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT...unless some one speaks about it...

Even after there is a "cease fire"...the Elite Republican Guards communication chnnels are so weak, they dont have the means to communicate to their ppl the war hs been terminated...meaning..our ppl still get fired upon...

I m against the war, and will not speak against the president, as he is in charge. I just pray for the best outcome of all innocent ppl involved and hope there are no more casualties...

sorry but i kinda had to vent...

cookies

• 2 weeks later...