Out of school mates

Hi.

Im a nice kind of person, and i get on well with most people, and i have no problem making friends with people. I have loads of friends at school, some more closer than others, and i used to have several out of school friends. However, like 5 years ago, i moved away from my out of school friends, and i don't live near any of my in school mates. Sometimes i go to town, or go to the cinema with them etc, but its not like everyweek. I kind of miss hanging aorund with mates, and i hate spending most of my free time not being with my mates. I do have hobbies, but thats like once a week, so im still lonely.

I get into fights with my parents alot, because i strongly protested against moving, and they moved anyway, knowing it would destroy my out of school friends, and now i still hate my parents, mainly because of this. I am the kind of perosn that needs to be around my mates more often, and i hate being alone! Even my brother and his mates arn't entertaining enough, as they are all 18, but still act like little kids, sitting around playing computer games all day. It makes me so jelaous when like other people live in the same streets as their mates, as i feel im missing out on so much! Im really annoyed by this situation!

Can't you go and visit them on the weekends?

Change is always difficult, but you know that it is always coming.

I am sorry that you are angry with your parents, I am sure that you are hurting them or distancing them, neither of those are good!

Can't you play sports at school to spend more time with people your own age?

I know that must be a real lonely feeling, and its something 4 us parents to consider with moving. I want to move to FLorida within the next couple of years, but my daughter is 14, and does not want to move away from her friends. I was in the military for most of her life, and she has lived in Europe, Georgia, Hawaii, T exas and back to Georgia...and every time she had to make new friends, and i understand as i have met and sadly moved away from ppl that ive grown close to during each move,...and i am considering NOT moving until shes graduated...

then my sons may say the same..haha...

Now that your family has moved, it may or may not make a difference to ur parents about how u feel regarding the move, since its been 5 years...just try now to make the best of the situation. Its according to how you deal with ur parents, and approach them with a more positive attitude 4 them to see ur perspective with a suggestion or solution on how they can help u. A good suggestion might be to for then to even help you get a car of ur own, to go and see them whenever you feel the urge to. If u get a car, you must be very responsible, and drive it wisely, and be smart about when and how often you go visit your friends.

Surely, that will be one of the best solutions in ur situation, being that you cant persuade them to move back...besides, gettin a car would be much less expensive..

good luck.

cookies

I didn't see that it had been 5 years that you are feeling this way, aren't there any kids in your neighborhood? Guys around here go to skatebord parks to hang out with kids.

What about a sport like biking. My husband had to give up soccer, what you call football, to keep from getting injured, and I know that he misses it terribly. He just went and got a really nice bike and has been getting into something different.

Do you play computer games like Unreal Tournament? Those are pretty popular with on line gamers.

Please don't blame your parents, they most likely moved for economic reasons which are totally out of their control. My son is only seven, but I talk to him all the time about moving to a new school, only because when we make the choice to move it will come very quickly in kid time and he probably will need to be extra ready to move.

We moved a lot growing up, i think that my dad had the grass is always greener mentality. We opened up businesses, he worked in real estate and as a mechanical engineer. He was a bright guy but also a softy in many respects and let my mom rule him too much!

Yeah my mum says she will drive me places, and i could cycle there and stuff, but its just not the same as hanging around playing footy and stuff on the road outside your house, like i always used to do. Where i used to live, lots of us lived in the same like col-de-sac, and so there was this constant availability of friends - its kind of hard to explain. You didnt need to arrange lifts and ask people if they are free to do stuff - you would just wake up, get dressed etc, then go outside, and find like 5 mates already playing and stuff - we didnt arrange stuff, people was just almost always in the street outside, playing and stuff. Its this that i miss. I miss that old lifestyle of always being able to do fun stuff, without having to arrange stuff etc. When i do try to arrange stuff, there aint alot i can really do, other than go to the cinema, or bowling etc. I cant exactly get all my mates to drive to my street just so we can hang about and do nothing.

I don't think there is a solution, and ill just have to carry on the way i am. Computer games and that are fun, but i owuld prefer to be hanging around watching time fly by with my mates.

There are local kids, and i do sometimes do stuff with them, but they are boring, and have very little in ocmmon with me - they like burning stuff and kicking bins over, which isnt my kind of fun.

Part of it is just society is changing. Values are changing. If you still lived in that neighborhood, you'd probably miss the people who have moved and the things that you used to do wouldn't excite you very much anymore.

I sometimes think about the other towns that we have lived in and wonder what it would be like if I still lived there. At certain times it is necessary to mentally move forward.

Say to yourself whenever you catch yourself thinking about the good old days say that was then this is now, and then go and do something that you like that gives you energy.

How far are you from the other neighborhood, do you still attend the same school?

Kids in the days of my father used to spend the whole day on their own, this was in the 30's and 40's. Now a days everyone is on the X box or on the computer. Do you just have the one brother? What about getting a job, that is another fun thing to do as a teenager. Do you have youth centers in England? Like here we have the YMCA, and other teenage places like parks that teenagers can work or play.

Can you work in a grocery store bagging or helping ladies to the car with their groceries? Helping people with their yard work? Walking dogs.

I used to teach swimming lessons and before that I would volunteer to help at the pool. I found out about it by taking a lifesaving/first aid class.

Can you sign up for some after school groups, like helping the student leaders with pep rallies?

Come up with some creative ideas on your own. I know that you can!