Found help with sleep

Was doing my regular web surfing and doing some research on sleep aids etc. and came accross some software to that generates tones to entrain your mind to go into certain states , and it really works, I dont represent the company or anything, and its a free download, i think the demo runs out in a month, but that doesnt really matter as you can make a .wav file and then burn your own CD, so you really dont need the software for long.

I used the "Sleep Induction (from wide awake)" setting, and have always fallen asleep before it timed out!

There are other settings, for study , meditation, etc.

I suffer from a bit of Tinnitus, and it masks that out pretty good also.

link removed for info.

If anyone tries it out, please post your results.

This has helped me get some much needed rest, i still only get 4-5 hours sleep, but at least I can fall to sleep in the first place.

the sounds kinda distract me from the thoughts of my ex.

Hey Gil! I just wanted to say thanks for the tip. I have trouble falling asleep, myself. I think the name of my diagnosis is something like..."stress", or "can't-calm-down" or "racing-thoughts"...something like that lol Anyway, I think that this method would be helpful to me. I also think that many people have a problem getting to bed and they will be greatful for this new info. It's good to get a first-hand opinion on if it works. I am going to try to get this...I will let you know if it helps me. Thanks!

Racing thoughts, thats me! lol, in the past I have always been hard to go to sleep, but hard to get up. so once i was asleep, a tank brigade could go through my room and it wouldnt even wake me.

but in the last 2 months since my breakup, its not just the racing thoughts, its every single emotion flooding my mind and body. and i eventually go to sleep, but wake up in 2-4 hours, and a flood of what could best be described as "dred" just runs up my spine. I mean i can actually feel it like a niacin flush.

but this braingenerator thingy does help slow that racing in my head.

I downloaded the software and I have been using it...I even tried the self-hypnosis and I think it worked a bit. I told myself as I was listening "you are beautiful" b/c I have had low self esteem lately....and I dont feel as down about myself now. But my bf interrupted it with loud music! ARG! The trick is to not say "no" "not" or any negative words, but rephrase it into a positive...so, rather than me saying "Im not ugly" I said "I am beautiful"

As for the sleep thing, my bf and I did it together the other night and he is a skeptic...but it worked for us both! Thanks for the info!