does relationship = marriage?

Hi, I am in my first relationship. It's been almost a year. I'm 23. Since I had such a late start I feel like I'm a little behind the rest of most people. I love my gf but I still think I should be dating other women. I know every man is attracted to many women even if they do love there gf. But I look at my relationship as marriage without the official documents and I don't think I'm ready for marriage. I mean, a committed relationship has all the same rules as marriage for the most part. Am I making any sense here? People say that if I want to date other people then I'm not in love with my girlfriend. They could be right. But after being single for 22 1/2 years, I've built up a lot of curiosity and attractions to many different women. Am I just not ready for a serious committment? I'm not really interested in sex with other women (although that would be cool) but more of dating and finding out what kind of chemistry I get with different girls. I know it may sound like I'm not in love with my gf. But can there be another explanation for these feelings I have. In a way, I feel like I'm not letting myself fall in love because I fear the marriage-like committment. Any thoughts? Thanks.

i think it would be good for you to date many women while you are young and not married. This is comparable to going shopping for a nice pair of quality shoes. There are practically millions of shoes that comes in different sizes, shapes, beautiful colors, quality, and u do want a pair thats the "perfect fit" before u want it to be yours. YOu KNEW this is just what you wanted after u´ve invested time into trying out many and careful searching endlessly. I know this may not be a perfect example, as ppl get sometimes 3 and 4 pairs of shoes at a time...haha....but i hope u understand my lil point here tho..

The best thing for anyone to do when they begin a new relationship and avoid that attatched feeling of "marriage" is to establish a clear understanding from the very beginning of the relationship and let the other know that you wish to see, or DO see other women. This way they know what they re getting themselves into as they step into the relationship, and you can be respected 4 that as well. Its pretty smooth, and makes u appear more appealing, especially if you are handsome, VERY gentlemanlike and has an overall wonderful characther that attracts all kind of ppl to your beauiful personality,...just dont try to be a playa with it tho...thats a sure fire way to turn the more desireable women off. But if you dont establish that beforehand, she will not know what to expect clearly. That will also keep her on her toes, knowing taht your options are open and could very well select a lifelong partner among any of the other females you see...

However..a different sceneraio..is to date one woman at a time. When you begin to feel doubt, or as if you are ready to move on, and date other women,...make sure that you just dont allow her to become too attatched, or try to separate urself b4 a female becomes too attatched in order to spare her feelings, while u are "sewing ur royal oats" and searching your options out with other women around the world...

Besides, how else are u to know what type of women are out there, and what kind of satisfaction you can get from different women if u dont allow urself the opportunity to "experience" it. EAch woman is different in her approach of caring for a man. Some will drive u nuts, and belong in a mental institution, and some will totolly capture ur heart. Settling down at such a young age, (unless ur ready) is definitely a bit soon. I married early, and encourage young ppl to take their times, since i can speak from the other side of the fence...

get out there and enjoy yourself, but just be safe while you doing your thing. Dont drink and drive, limit or dont use drugs altogether, have safe sex and just enjoy your youth while u can...

cookies

• 4 months later...