He kissed the worst person imaginble!!!

Last weekend, my husband of 5 years and I went out with his brother and his wife. We had a good time. My sister in law and I don't really get along very well but I felt like we bonded some. (We are competitive people and often get into arguments because we both want things our way.) We went to a Karaoke Bar and there was a lot of drinking. We got home so late that they just stayed the night. One week later my husband breaks down telling me that he and my sister in law had shared a drunken kiss. I was infuriated. He told me because he said he was disgusted with himself and couldn't live lying to me. He said there was no attraction to her at all and cannot give me a reason why it happened. He said it has opened his eyes to seeing how much he loved me. I ws so upset and couldn't believe he had done this with her of all people!! A stranger would have been easier to handle!! And as for my sister in law, when I confronted her, she didn't even reply. I was rather in a rage when I spoke to her but I told her she has ruined it with me forever and was angry that she had done it and was still trying to be my friend. So what should I do? Keep in my mind that I have a child and she has three and they are cousins. And also we have inlaws that want family holidays with everyone there. What is the most civil, mature way to handle this situation?

Forgive your husband, he did the right thing telling you, because it really shows that he feels bad about it all, also you know how competitive and back stabing some women are to other women, do you really think your sister in law didnt know what she was doing? by you confronting her about it, she got exactly what she wanted from you! the worse thing you could do to her is, act like it doesnt phase you at all.

It could be too late for this, but it would have been great if you had told her that, oh please dont try another stunt like you did with >your partner name

like you said, whats really bothering you is that he kissed her! of all people, and you feel she got you, dont play into what she planned all along. your husband could have been a victim of her just trying to get at you.

I dont want to sound like im defending men here, but he was drunk, he is sorry, and he was honest. plus it was just a kiss, and not sex. people can do some dumb stuff when they are drunk, and seems to me he was a target of an envious women.

Hi,

Yes I do agree with the post above.

It takes a lot of courage for your husband to reveal the situation to you. That alone, speaks of his good intentions and his love for you. A coward would have just kept the truth from you.

Learn to forgive him. Remembering that it was a DRUNKEN kiss, no ill intentions were made. I hope this incident might make you see your husband in a different light. A courageous one, that is.