Am i jealous

Hi,

im just looking for a bit of advice to see if i am unresonably jealous.

i have been with my girlfriend for 8 months and its the best relationship i have ever been in. i love her more than anything.

we have only had a couple of arguments over the same problem and it only happens when we go out.

one time for example we had a house warming when we moved in together and she was slow dancing with one of my good friends and i felt really uncomfortable and i told her and she told me not to be jealous, which i know was being but i cant control it when she flirts with my friends.

other times she has just been in a converstion with them and had her arms wrapped around them, or when she has been introduced to them she will kiss them several times.

Do you think it is unreasonable for me to feel jealous and tell her i dont like it or should i just shut up and deal with it.

thanks for your help.

Its always good to tell your "other half" how you feel... and if you don't like what she does, you have every right in the world to tell her.. But on the other hand I'm sure she loves you just as much as you love her and when she does things like flirts with your friends you have to remember she loves you.. not them.. I understand where youre coming from and I would probably be just as jealous. Just don't let the jealousy control how you feel about her.. Were all flirts in our own way.. but flirting is harmless.. to a certain extent.. and what you said she does is nothing.. just try your hardness not to let it bother you.. she loves you...

Hope I've helped in some small way at least...

~Jenn

Hi Amijealous,

What you are feeling is pretty normal to me.

Speak to her and let her know of what you are feeling. If she is sensitive and considerate enough, she would stop all her "public display" of affection.

Do let her know gently though, no point in getting worked up over this. Best of luck!

Many if not most girls, in my experience, have always been pretty touchy-feely with people of either sex. It's just the way they are. Guys find this hard to relate to except in flirtatious situations; this is what leads to so many questions on this board regarding this behavioral difference.

I wouldn't sweat it. Do talk to your girlfriend about it, and say that it makes you feel jealous. She'll either change it for you, or (perhaps more likely) reassure you as to the fact that you're the one and only man in her life (you big stud, you ) but decline to change. Either one is something you should be prepared to accept.

Hello,

I would not stand for what she is doing. I personally would tell her- "I'm aware that you find nothing wrong with the way you act around my friends, but it really bothers me, and for my sake please stop." -or SOMETHING in that area code. Please dont take that from her, It's not right, and you do not deserve to have your friends talking behind your back about YOUR woman, or deserve that sort of treatment. Keep an eye on her she sounds a little shiesty. Sorry for the negative (yet positive) post. It just makes me upset to hear that.