Okay me and this guy Jaret met on the computer about 2-3 years ago. He just turned 18, and I'm 15.. (I don't turn 16 till August) He lives In Tennesee and I live In North Carolina. In September of last year we started to send eachother letters in the mail, and calling eachother whenever possible, which was a lot considering its long distance. About 3-4 months ago I started hearing about this other girl.. we'll call her Jessica.. Of course I had to bring it up to him because I wanted to know if he was still in love with her so to say.. I wanted to know if he was truly in love with me or not...At the time I found about her I was still unsure about whether or not I wanted to be with Jaret or my ex boyfriend. Of course Jaret kind of made up my mind for me.. He told me that I could call him when I made up my mind.. in other words I had to choose..and he wasn't going to talk to me until I had done just that.. so I figured I would just put my ex behind me which I had needed to do for awhile, and I guess I thought that was my chance because I knew Jaret would be there for me to help me through it, and he was.

What I'm unsure about is whether or not he still loves me.. Some days he does, and others he doesn't know, which hurts me a lot more than if he just gave me one answer, whether not he loved me or he did.. at least i would know. The last month we haven't been talking very much, and when we do all we do is fight, well argue rather... Since he graduates this year hes trying really hard to get this scholarship, but the college he is going to.. or so his brother told me is In Indiana.. And for these last 7 months I have been counting down the months till I can be with him because when I got my liscense I was driving to see him.. I have literally fallen in love this guy and I can't tell you just how great he really is. He's never done me wrong, and he has been nothing but the sweetest guy I couldve asked for.. I want to be with him and I'm just to the point where I'll do anything to be with him.. I don't know about going to college all the way in Indiana, but if thats what it takes, then thats what I'll do..

I'm not really sure what I'm asking.. but please give me some kind of advice.. Honestly I just need someone to talk to....

Thanks.. sorry so long..

~Jenn

Sigh... The old long distance relationship dilemma...

If he's leaving your region of the country, there's not much you can do but say goodbye. Think about it: It's practically impossible to see him. It's not feasible for you to pay for plane flights to the midwest, and it's downright IMPOSSIBLE for him, being that he's about to enter a college-student financial situation. To drive would be costly, impractical, and (as unromantic as it sounds) not worth the effort. And simply talking to him on the phone or chatting with him online is not going to be enough.

You're sixteen years old. There's plenty of time for you to find love in your life. Try to seek it out closer to home.

Sorry, but I think getting your hopes up in this situation is going to cause more harm than good.

Hi WildnCrazy,

I am a true believer in long distance relationships. However, there must be a perspective of actually getting together. With all the things that I have read from you, it does seem very very difficult. How often would you like to see him on a yearly basis? Once? Twice? Is that enough and could you afford even seeing him twice a year?

Your relationship might or might not work. I don't know. I just see a lot of difficulties to overcome. If you are ready for it, then I would say: "Go for it!".

I wish you good luck in your decision.

~ SwingFox ~