Please help me! running out of time!!!!

my question here is this, "how do i get the girl i like to notice me?" ive known her for awhile and we've had several casual conversations but nothing interesting. as ive said before, i really like her but im really not sure how to make a move on her. whats worse is that this other guy has entered the picture and it seems that he is also trying to make a move on her! thankfully, she's not paying much attention to him but its only a matter of time before she does!

thanks,

Mike

I'd say just try asking her out during your next "casual converstaion." I'd recommend being specific rather "let's go out sometime." Say something like "Let's go to dinner/movie/coffee/ this Friday/Saturday/Wednesday." I've been in a situation before where another guy showed up and I ended up waiting too long.

Good Luck!

Look at her often, you don't have to always smile if that isn't your style. Notice her the way that you would a fish tank, or a puppy. It is something that you always enjoy seeing.

If someone says something funny, look at her and smile like you want to make sure that she is having a good time. If she seems uncomfortble, smile anyway! The point isn't necessarily to get a big reaction out of her but to let her know that you are a happy fellow. Don't stare at her body. If she is shy that will make her very uncomfortable!

If something pops into your head to say like cool shoes or I like those glasses...say it!

Try to make a little conversation out of it, like I am upset because I lost my glasses or my dog chewed on one of my favorte pairs of shoes. Something a little personal, but not too personal. If she finds out later that it wasn't true, oh well, look at the lie Joe Millionare got away with!

If she is in a class, say do you like this class or teacher? What do you want to do after you graduate? What are your hobbies? What ever she says say, cool, I like that too. That way she knows that you are a positive guy. Ask her to a movie, everyone likes movies, don't they?

Don't start out with are you doing anything Sat? I always hated that because it is a little controlling. That way if you don't like their idea, it is harder to say, Oh I am already doing soemthing with my family.Just say can I take you to a movie sometime or would you like a ride home with me in my friend's car, just keep it casual. If she doesn't like the pushy style, don't be overly forward. Not sure if that helps or not? Bye.

Good Luck Mike!

Just a note on my style: When you ask her out, don't ask her "out". What I mean by that is, keep it simple. Just say, "I really enjoy talking to you; it's a shame we can't spend more time face to face. Wanna get lunch on tuesday and chat some more?"

No dinner, no movie, and no flowers. Keep the atmosphere pressure-free.

I appreciate all the advice everyone, thanks!

But i really dont know WHEN or WHERE to talk to her at all. i only see her in homeroom and in spanish class. in both places i sit far away from her. in spanish class i sometimes make eye contact with her. thats all the contact i really get with her now.