HELP!I don't know what is going on between me an this guy!!!

For a long time now , I have had a good friendship with this guy who asked me out right after I had broken up from a serious relationship. He wasn't being obnoxious when he asked me out , but I felt it was too soon to hook up with someone , so i I told him maybe later... well since then he would always tslk to me about who he was or wanted to be dating , and even asked about my sister , but at the same time people I didn't even know would come up to me and tell me how much he talks about me , how much he wants me , how in love he is , and blah blah blah ...whixh was the complete opposite of what I had been hearing from him . Some girls even told me that they asked him out only to be rejected because he said he wanted me , but then he would ask me about my sister ( my frineds think it's to make me jealous) and then he would tell me things like I am the coolest girl he knows , and if we hadn't spoken in a while (it's hard for me to see him now because we go to different schools but live close to each other and hang out less ) he would call me out of the blue. I know he cares , or he wouldn't want anything to do with me , but his friends say he is afraid of rejection. , so he isn't making moves, and lately it's like I have been practically throwing myself at him , but he does a lot of drugs and I don't think he likes me lthe way he used to. I just need to get his attention. I try , but it only works for a little while , and then it doesn't matter . The drug thing isn't a big issue in his case , but I can't figure out what to say to him . Plus , he owes me money , and I feel like maybe he was using me when we hung out recently... I brought it up to him , but he disagreed... and I don't know what is going on . He has never been one to use me ,so I don't want to falsley accuse him but right now it seems like our friendship isn't even what it used to be,so how can I get things back to normal , and what can I do to get him to ask me out again? I have dropped alot of hints , but I don't think he really cares...should I just move on? (he was into drugs before we were friends , and it's not why things are weird although some people will disagree) Am I making any sense? Does this seem weird or crazy? I just need someone else to give me an opinion! anything will be appreciated !

It sounds like he likes you but his pide was probally hurt when you turned him down, guys are weird with the pide thing, ( sorry guys if your reading this,but you know its true!) they have a harder time telling people how they really feel about girls or just about anything because they are afaird of the response they will get from their friends or just have a big ego they think will be ruin if they let their true feelings show. dont "throw yourself at him" unless you really want him. he might take it they wrong way and use you for sex or he might think your a hoe or something of that sort. talk to him about your feelings and ask for the honest truth, tell him the reason why you turned him down,....and then see what happens from there....Good luck!.........hope i helped........