ive been with my boyfriend a year and 6 months, yet... we hang out a lot. but when he says after work that hes going to sleep over his friend mikes or where ever, i get so jealous. I mean i show it alittle, he shows it alittle also when i go over my friends. What should i do. Our relationships great. I just need to stop being so jealous. Its just, I want him to have fun I TELL him to go have fun (so we dont get sick of eachother) and when we do. its like... NO I hate when were apart. is this normal? thank you for your advice!

Hi Jess,

What you are going through sounds normal to me. It is alright to pine for your loved one when he's not around. Are you sure that the emotion you are feeling is jealousy, and not disappointment since you cannot spend time together?

If it IS jealousy, learn to be more trusting of your partner. Relationships cannot proceed smoothly when trust is not in the works. Be confident of yourself. Place some faith in him too. Remember, prolonged jealousy can lead to paranoia. THAT...is not a road you want to head down.

Be cool!

Ahh, the famous issue of the "guys' night out."

Try planning your nights apart to coincide on the same day. Otherwise, it's just something you're going to have to get used to. In my book, learning how to be happy while alone is a prerequisite for learning how to be happy while with a partner. You should just find something else to do when he's gone, otherwise you're going to be miserable over something that cannot be avoided. You wouldn't give up seeing your girlfriends for him, would you?

Just deal. Trust me, your problems could be a lot worse!

yes, jess, this is normal. Many women do not like the "guy's nite out". However, it is important for the two of you to have some time apart, and it sounds like you understand this. Do you feel this way because it is interfering with the your time with him? I have recently come to the conclusion that I feel similar to the way you do b/c of this situation. Try to just accept him being with his friends. Maybe you can go out with your friends while he is out with his so you aren't sitting in wonder about how much fun he is having and whether he is thinking about you. Hope this helps.

I thank you guys so much for all of your help. I mean. I do have much more problems to worry about, Its just that, Im so afraid when hes with his friends he might think "wow i like chillin with them, maybe i dont want a girlfriend" even though he always tells me that were gonna be together forever, and we AAAAAAARE doing great... i just worry to much and theres nothing i can do about it, when he went out last night he must have called me 4 times, and i fell asleep and woke up to calls. HE always calls me, always tells me he loves me, and he just called me right now. I just need him in my life, he makes me feel so great, and visverso. we are wonderful. I just dont want it to end. EVER