Long Story, I'd appreciate some advice

maverick

Okay why not start off from the beggining. This past week, I was out all week from school due to snow. A girl and former classmate of mine started to talk to me. It became one of the highlights of my day. After 3-4 days of talking, we exchange phone numbers and I get a call. She invites me over to her house, we hang out, watch some tv and had a good time. After I got back home, we talked on the phone for about an hour and I felt great. That night after I had dinner, she gave me a call wondering if I wanted to join her and one of her girlfriends for dinner. I joined them for dinner and conversation. We walked around town, flirting etc. and then I went back home. That night we planned to go see a movie and have dinner on Saturday after her soccer games.

Saturday arrives and at 1:00pm I get a phone call saying that she can't go and she is sorry. She sounded sick but never really told me the reason she couldn't make it. Once I got home, I called her and asked if she just didn't feel like going with me to see a movie. (Personally, I think ishouldn't have asked this, having gone over to her house nad dinner I knew she liked me, but I wanted to know for sure.) SHe told me she really wanted to go, but that her mom wouldn't let her go out again.

It's about 7:00 on a saturday night and my plans were cancelled and had nothing to do. I left her a message wondering if she wanted to go get something to eat or do something if she could, although I knew her parents probably wouldn't let her. That night we talked and she said she was confused by my message and said she couldn't have made it becasue her last soccer game ended at 9:30. So afterall, even if her mom did let her go out she wouldn't have been able to make it and I woulda been waiting at the movies.

I am the type of person who jumps the gun on many situations and I feel like I did on this one. I think that instead of asking, "did u just not wanna go see a movie" and leaving a message on her phone, I should;ve just relaxed, played it cool and done nothing. But now everytime we talk I sense that the relationship is 1. going downhill and 2. lost its chemistry. I really like her and all her qualities and just want to know for sure if she feels the same way about me. She will be out of town next week so I can't ask her out then but hopefully the week after. Should I express my feelings toward her, and if so would it be better over the phone rather than online?

Are there any suggestions anyone could give me regarding my situation and what can I possibly do to revive this relationship. I just feel that we don't talk as much as we did a week ago. I really appreciate all your advice and thankyou in advance. Take Care. Maverick

Just be honest with her. You started this whole thing off by being honest, why change it now? She deserves to know you as who you really are. Talk to her the most immediate way you can -- that means on the phone rather than online, and in person rather than on the phone, if you can. Just tell her how you feel about her and that you want to spend time with her. What's the point of playing hard to get and all those other stupid games?

Sometimes doing nothign at all is a brilliant move. Listen, I think you jumped the gun. Just play it cool, dont ask her out right away and give it some time. Let her call you maybe. I mean dont completely break off contact or anything like that but just dont seem REALLY INTERESTED. I mean there is a fine line, seem interested but not so interested that its all about her. Girls are weird creatures bud. Also when you do call her and ask her out next sound real confident be like. Hey I've been wanting to see this movie why dont you come with me, pick you up at 8? You dont have to do it exaclty like that but have this confident demeanor when you ask her. But don't ask like this "well I want to see this movie it'd be great if you could come with me, if you want too? Or something along those lines. Be confident and concrete when you ask her. She has to be interested otherwise she wouldnt of invited you to dinner and wouldn't be talking to you on the phone this much. But play it smooth....Keep me posted