LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get on

@Cindy:

I read through your post, I hope it was the right one. I can say from my point of view, that I wouldnīt want to introduce my girlfriend to my parents, at least not in the very beginning. Youīll ask why. Well, I have my brother here who is 21 and going steady with his girlfriend (most probably theyīll get engaged in a few years). Iīm 4 years older than him and my parents constantly bug me why I donīt show them my girlfriend. They donīt do it because they want to annoy me, they just care, but its still annoying. Iīm so full of the constant questions, whenever I go somewhere, is it a girl you visit? I just wouldnīt want to bring a girl home into this environment. Theyīd just ask stupid questions or emberass me in other ways. Sure, eventually I would want them to see her, if we were to be really sure about our relationship. Maybe your boyfriend has similar issues. I canīt tell but I can tell you how I feel about this.

@Cindy again

Thanks that you think Iīm not ancient yet with my 24 years But I do worry about finding that perfect someone. Problem is, that girl somehow still has feelings for me. Later on she told me that she wants to see me happy and that she wishes me to find someone really nice, but in the same sentence, she told me she wouldnīt want to hear about it the first time because it would hurt her seeing me to be with someone. I donīt know what this is, but I think she is unsure if she isnīt doing a mistake by driving me away. I donīt even see what she likes about this guy, he is 13 years older than her and in general they donīt share too many interests. I just have this feeling that she is maybe blinded by the sensation of being with someone for the first time in her life and even if he really seems to love her, the lack of common things will poison the relationship once the first sensations of love will fade away.
    About me, I know how destructive it can to be alone and have the time to ponder about things. Yet I canīt bring up the energy to get myself going and do something. I have to watch out because this drain of energy already starts to affect my job as well. I excell at my job hence I get a large freedom from my superior so I can get away with slacking off a little, but I canīt keep this up for long ...
    I know about those love songs, I tend to turn off the radio when they come, its hard to bear.

@SwingFox

Thank you for the reply and pointing out the other forums for me!
    I found this site last weekend and took a look at the various topics before I found the courage to post my story. There are a few weird people here who try to rip of others, but I found a lot of valuable and true postings as well. I donīt know if they helped me yet, but they at least showed be that Iīm not alone and that others are going through similar things like me.
    Iīll continue to visit this site, maybe I find something that can truly help me.

@zippitt

Thank you for your thoughts as well. A lot of what I read here, about finding someone, roots down to being happy. It actually figures, I guess people get more attracted to happy people than sad sacks. I think I realized that before. My problem is, Iīm way too shy and insecure about myself and while Iīm not ugly, Iīm not the prototype of adonis either. I think those two donīt mix well. I do think if I only had enough time to show someone my true self, I could score. But getting there is something I havenīt figured out yet. This first inital step seems like a giant unpassable wall for me and I donīt know where to find the door through it. Thanks for the compliment about my english, I think my old teacher would have been glad to see that he was able to teach me something after all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice