you can get over the heartbreak i promise!!

my name is stephanie and i completely understand how it feels to lose someone you love. i just broke up with someone i had been with since 9th grade i am now a sophomore in college. it happened 3 months ago. it still hurts sometimes but the pain goes away. the quote "time heals all wounds" is a bunch of crap it isn't the time it is what you do with the time that counts. heal: do things for yourself that you could never do while you were with them. get excited about taking a bath or just listening to some music. it's true you need to spend time with friends and family but you also need your alone time to get the hurt out and cry when you need to cry so it doesn't build up. the thing that i did that helped me so much was making a schedule for myself so i had something to look forward to. make a tv schedule for the week so you can say to yourself "oh yeah i have this to do tonight"

i have been through pain that took my breath away over this guy but like one of my friends said to me once and i will never forget it "it might hurt like hell for a few months to get over them but it's better than hurting like hell for the rest of your life with them" never let anyone treat you like you don't deserve the things you crave from a relationship. you are a great person no matter who you are and have no regrets. when you are going through a break up remember that it happened for a reason and i know all too well it doesn't feel that way but hold on for each morning brings a new joy.

if anyone wants to talk to me and just needs some understanding i am herre for you because i know how it is to be completely alone.

e-mail me at: email removed

email removed

or message me on:

MSN email removed

Yahoo stephanie144

Psalm 34:17-18 "the Lord hears his people when they cry out to Him and He saves them from all their troubles, the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed"

You are absolutely right, stephanie! I am sorry to hear your heartbreak, but you have hit the nail on the head about spending time with yourself. You seem to be a strong, independent young lady...a survivor! Many heart should definitely heed this advice you have given to us. What you do with the time is what is important! Good job! And thank you!

I just wanted to thank you for that advice to us all. Although I wasn't with my ex as long as you were, it hurt like it was a lifetime. Just a quick note, my roomate said something to me a little while ago that comforted me as well... "rejection is God's protection". If anything, it made me laugh.

thannk you jessikate and mermayd43 for your replies thank you for your compliments and both of you soundlike wonderful people! and jessikate that is so true about it being God's protection. i never thought of it like that. that helps me out too!! thank you so much and good luck to both of you. if you ever need someone to talk to i am here!