no matter what she thinks, I AM NOT DEPRESSED

hey. i have a problem.

i am something of a poet. my mom found a poem i had written, and i guess it came off to her as depresseing. now she thinks im depressed. the thing is though, i am NOT depressed. i am the type of person who just doesn't get depressed. i am really laid back, and i find ways to deal with my problems. i guess the poem might be a bit sad, but the thing is, i am not depressed, i will probably never get like that cause i'm not that way. maybe the reason the poem is so sad is because i am so happy. what do i do about my mom?

Hey there dazedpunk,

Tell your mom how you feel. In fact why not print this out and have it read to her?

If she has doubts, tell her why you're laid back and that everything is going great in your life/school/relationship ... anything Then tell her to stop worry

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

Hi Dazed,

I write poetry myself.

Tell your mom that when you write, you project your thoughts and sentiments into words of rhyme. These works of yours, might not necessarily depict your life or personal experiences.

Give her a simple example of an author (stephen king or clive barker perhaps?). Do those horror stories written by them means that they are experiencing it? Of course not. So, tell your mom that her fears are unfounded.

Chill dude.