please somebody im so depressed. help me with this...

ok, me n my guy. we first met last year in september, we had a class together, we started hanging out alot through mutual friends, we became alot closer. he was in like with me more than i was with him so i wanted to take things slow. so finally we got together december 10, 2001. everything was perfect. we talked all the time, everything was just great. we were in love. the thing is we both lived in south dakota. i was living with my aunt and my mom n dad were living in maryland. so for the summer i went home to be with my mom n dad and we stayed together, faithfully, but he got into some trouble and got sent away to boot camp. i waited for him for 5 months with no communication except one letter a week. thats all we could do. then he came home and everything was even better!!! then some things happened with me and my aunt and my mom wanted me to come and live with her again until the end of this school year. he promised me he was gonna wait for me and everything was great when i got here, just long distance once again. we made all types of plans. we're so close with eachothers families, its just crazy. then ya know everythings goin great and the day before valentines day he broke up with me and i have no idea why. he said he couldnt do it anymore. "things are different." he wouldnt tell me what things cause he said he didnt know. i told him i wasnt gonna give up and i asked him how long he felt this way and he told me only since the day before he broke up with me. i told him im gonna be the last and only girl he loves and i will get him back. we have plans for me to go back to south dakota after graduation and get an apartment and he still wants me to come back. im so confused. he still calls me baby and babygirl and everything. i asked him about that and he says its habit. we talk about when i come back for prom and everything. i mean after he broke up with me (The next day) this girl came up to him and asked him if he had a date for the dance and he told her no and she said r u still goin out with tasha and he told her yes. what does that mean? he said he wants us to be together and he wishes it wasnt over and he wants to be in love with me and everything. but he wont let himself. i dont get it. he knows we're meant to be cause when i say it he doesnt say anything but then i ask him if he knows im right and he says i hope so. he told me that we still have a chance, a big chance. our love still has hope and everything. what should i do? should i just forget it or not? he tells me to call him all the time, like if we get off the phone hes like r u gonna call me back n im all like well do u want me to and then he says yes (like im stupid for asking that question) ya know? we had plans to get married and everything, i might be pregnant, i mean we were so serious and we still r and i know he misses me (cause he tells me) and i know he loves me cause when i tell him hes still in love with me he doesnt say anything n when i ask him about it he says i hope so. im just so lost and confused i need some type or advice or anything anyone can give me. words of comfort, anything, please. i just dont understand. please help me out....

man, tough decision, i say if you love him, dont give up on him, he really doesnt seem like me means it. maybe that long distant thing is to much for him. i mean if my boyfriend and i couldnt see eachother a lot of the time, we would go crazy.. i think if you give him time and take it slow... be his friend, act like his friend, make him see what hes missing out on..... i KNOW he still loves you...

Hi Tasha,

It seems like something is bothering your boyfriend. Till the day you folks sit down and talk about it, I believe your relationship is gonna be stuck in limbo for awhile.

Spend some time and effort on your part to find out what is on his mind. I think that he still cherishes you, but some other aspect of the situation is turning him away. Delve deeper and see what you might find.

I wish you all the best!

Hi Tasha,

My suggestion is to hang onto him till the day that you really meet again. Don't turn away. If you have a break somewhere during your education (I don't know how your school system works), try to see if you can get to him (or he gets to you) and spend some time together.

As soon as you are together, try to communicate. Express your feelings towards them and vary sweet words with your concerns. Ask him how he feels. I think that this is the key to the solution.

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~