I'm not having much success living with my wife's infidelity. She had a fling with a married piece of shit she worked with last year. This went on for months during which she had me hang out with this guy and his wife as friends. She lied a lot. His wife caught them, and that supposedly ended it. My wife is now adamant that she wants to be with me and only me...that she's had no contact with the asshole for months...that it will never happen again. I did nothing to deserve this--never was anything but perfectly supportive and kin, let alone cheat on her. I now am filled with anger and sadness. I feel like loser if I stay with her, but I do believe she is sincere in her desire to stay with me. Will time heal these constant horrible feelings? Do people every really move on from this and live a satisfying life with a spouse that has betrayed them?

Clambake, as mentioned in my other posts, infidelity is a thing I would not tolerate. Keep your sights on the future and move on. A wife like that deserves no sympathy.

Then again, that's my personal opinion. If you are confident that you are able to forgive and forget this incident, then you might want to take a second jab at this marriage. Remember, things like that will haunt you.

You have my sympathies. Having a wife that does not value the sacredness of marriage, is devastating. Trust me. I know!

Think about it and keep us posted.

I am somewhat going by bleeder's opinion, but time could heal wounds. The question here is: do you still love her to death and are you really sure about giving your marriage a second chance?

If the answer to that question is 'yes' and you believe your wife being sincere with you the rest of your life, then it might be worth the attempt. I would suggest that you ask your wife to help you with this. That you need her to feel secure(d) again. Explain to your wife that you really would want to work it out, but that it will take some time and patience to make that happen. Keep asking her once a while to reassure you. Be really thankful when she does and show your appreciation towards that and her attempts. I believe then in time it'll work out. May be a marriage counseler would do have some more suggestions for you.

I hope this was of help to you and wish you good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

I feel that you can move forward. It is necessary to let things cool off for a while and not press her to talk about it. I have heard for men the jealousy can be a turn on, but I am sure that is easier said than done.

She needs to prove herself to you somehow, I sense that she needs to prove that she won't be unfaithful.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Nobody knows how you feel, just keep working on feeling better and you will eventually make up your mind on what to do...