Pregnant and wanting divorce..Husband causeing alot of troub

Nurse4jc

I am 17 years old married pregnant and i want a divorce.My husband was very abusive to me.So i leaved him.Afterwards i found out that i was pregnant.When my husband found out about the baby he told me that he could take my baby away from me i would never see it again.I can proove him a unfit father due to the abuse but i am afraid that i will still have to let him see the child.I do not want child support.I just want him out of my life anf the babys as well.Does any one know if its possible to get divorce and keep the child away from the father?

Yes it is absolutly possible. I am not sure what country you are from but I am from USA and here, if you can prove that your husband is abusive, there is no way that he will ever see the two of you without your consent. I would suggest talking to a lawyer or even a local police officer (they may know the generals about it) and ask them about the situation. I greatly congratulate you on getting out of this situation and knowing what is best for yourself and your unborn child. That is a HUGE step for you and one that should be greatly admired on your part. I hope everything works out for you. In the meantime, while you are still pregnant, I would get a restraining order on the father if you feel threatened by him. I also know that another possible alternative is to claim that you don't know who the father is when you give birth. I don't know the details about that either...but I would go with the most honest way you can.

Hi Nurse,

Just sometimes I would want to scream out all the swear words I know of, but I guess that doesn't help either of us, so here goes my mind.

Thank you for posting to eNotalone.com. I admire your courage to break away from this man. I have heard that once a man gets abusive, women in general find it very hard to break away from them, not knowing what is gonna happen next. You made a wise decision in your young life: for you AND your unborn baby.

I would strongly recommend you to turn to your legal counselors (i.e. lawyers or other legal places) for advice in this. You are not alone and you don't need to be alone in this issue. However, that suggestion has already been made by mermayd. My additional suggestion is to get your parents involved in this. I am not quite sure if you have a good understanding with your parents, but I hope you do. They might be ablel to give you that additional support you need.

I hope this was of help for you and wish you good luck. Way to go for step one, Nurse!! More steps to follow now

~ SwingFox ~