I need help like a lot of help. I am think about suicide...well for a long time now. But if i sit down and think about i don't think that i want to die but i have no pros and my cons i don't know what to do. i want to tell my parents because i know that i need help and i want to get help but see the thing is if i don't get help i know that my head is going to take over and i know that something is going to take pleace weather it be killing myself or trying to kill myself can someone please give me any ideas to tell my parents that i am thinking about suicide. like when i get really mad at them and want to just wish that they weren't there i think about saying it then like "OMG and people think I'm just kidding when i say i seriously want to commit suicide" or something like that so and someone please give me some ideas on how i can get help and or how i can tell my parents so that they cab get me help?? thanks

Definitely tell your parents.

But not when you're angry - then they might think you're just saying it to hurt them.

Tell them when you are calm. Tell them you realize you need help, and that maybe they can get a professional therapist for you.

Also, as for pros and cons: here's a big con:

Death is a final solution to temporary problems, whatever those problems are.

However bad you feel, it won't always be like this.

And here is another thought: You have ETERNITY to be dead, and just a short while to live. Even if death turns out to be great (some kind of heavenly afterlife ), there is no reason to rush it. You will be there forever eventually. Instead, take advantage of the short time you have here.

So tell your parents calmly, and do let us know how it goes so we know you're OK.

Give your parents a chance. They might surprise you! Don't come right out and say "hey guess what, I'm thinking about killing myself." First tell them about what's bothering you, and then tell them how much its bothering you. Then tell them you seriously don't think you want to go on anymore. I'm betting they're actually really good parents and they will respond. If not....how about another relative? Say an aunt or an uncle? Or even an elder brother or sister, or cousin? How about a best friend? Or maybe a teacher at school that you respect? Or your minister?

Chukka is right! Suicide is not an answer to whatever problems your dealing with! Trust me, some day you will look back on these thoughts your having and you'll say to yourself "What was I thinking?" Life can seem difficult...and sometimes you need an escape. But suicide isn't it. The other 99% of your life will be great! Give yourself a chance to experience it! I'm glad you came to this forum! You need to talk about your feelings with others. And believe it or not, others around you want to help...they just don't know how much you're hurting inside...until you tell them.

Sarah, it will be okay. you're not alone. Please keep in touch.

Sarah, What would you like to do about "this" ? Is there somebody else you can talk to? What is "this" that you're referring to? Sometimes it is easier to talk to a stranger. Send me a private message using this site, if you don't want to post on this public thread.

sarah , everybody has these rough patches in their life...do not feel like you are alone in this. 3 weeks ago when my g/f of 3 years broke up with me, i was devasted and that day i actually considered ending my life. i truly thought she was my soulmate...we planned on kids, marriage, future, etc. the part that hurt the most was she moved on really quickly and is with another guy which mixed in anger and jealousy with my depression.

i had to realize tho that in my heart, things will get better with time, and they do get a little better every day. someone else will come along for me, and life will become bearable for you as well. just know that you are never alone in your thoughts and feelings. sites like these are great proofs of that

Sarah, maybe it would help if you told me/us what was causing you to feel this way? If you don't want to put that in this forum, send me a private message (using link at the top).

Don't do anything rash. You've got the rest of your life to die, but you only have this moment to live. Trust me, some day you will look back on this time in your life and say "what was I thinking."

Also, do me a favor, look at some of the other people's posts looking for advise. Offer your thoughts to them and try to help them. I think you'll find you'll enjoy it!

• 1 month later...

Oh lass,

If you are serious about killing yourself, talk to someone. But remember, how you feel now is not necessarily how you will feel in six months. I have tried to kill myself many times.....I do not want to die anymore. If I could wrap my arms around you I would.

• 3 weeks later...

i used to think about suicide every god forsaken day of my life. i used to hate everything but i kept a smile on my face so noe one would realize. i didnt want anyone to know. But the worst thing u can do is to end it all, u never know wut might happen in the future, u could be more than u ever expected, just wait it out, u never noe wut u might become. My life has just grown so much better, right before i was planning suicide, i got my first job, just because i wanted my first job before i died, well anyway, i met my girlfriend there and i love her more than anything, she is the greatest and all u need to do is give it time and lay it in God's hands...

Because you stated you do not want to die, makes me believe you do not want to commit suicide. You think it's the only way out of your problems. It's not!

You are right in saying you need to get some help, and talk to your parents. If you just -cannot- talk to your parents about it, perhaps just tell them you have been extremely upset and would like to speak to a councellor about your problems. You don't have to mention suicide straight away. Or even still, book into see a councellor without telling your parents at first. You need to talk to a professional about these thoughts and get some help in sorting out your problems.

I never thought about committing suicide, but there were times when I was a teen and where I could not think of any positive reasons to be alive. There is one key element - hope. Simply do not lose hope. Who knows who you will meet tomorrow, or what will happen? There are so many things that are going to happen in your life that will bring you joy and happiness, so give it a chance. I never thought I would be happy, but slowly the pain did disappear and I found reasons to want to live.

We all have down periods in our lives, just don't give up.

Goodluck.

well i think im going to ask my parents if i can live with one of my aunts for a little while because of this problem. but im not very sure that they will let me. but hey who knows, maybe they will ask me if i wanna move in with them. man that would be great. But i was think i dont know which one to move in with if i got to move in with one. because one has kids and the other does. but one of my aunts has one on the way. so its like woah but if you wanna talk to me about it im online all the time maddchillgurl420 or my sn but im ALWAYS on jamin945girl7 talk to you later

sarah {wish me luck}

I would love to hear your story and give you my opinion. I am not giving you some bullshit advice, cause I have no idea what you are going through. I just know what I went through and how I told my parents. It is so not as bad as it may seem. I have wanted to commit suicide 3 or four times in my life, and I am only 21. But I have found the greatest love in the world, and I want everyday I can get with him. If you would like to know my story and how I told my parents, just let me know! I am here! My AIM name is Guillbo. Always on. Or post on here. Later girl!

Hey Sarah! first i've gotta get something off my chest!!! Your not alone. i think every "normal" (what's that mean anyway) person has thought about suicide at least once in there life, shoot i even tried to go through with it thankfully my friend spilled the beans and my attempt was bauched... anyway, it's normal. You might wanna considering changing your lifestyle if your unhappy. Take a good look at your life (self inventory) and find out what makes you uphappy and what makes you happy. I'm a recovering druggie (crystal meth/GHB were my favs) and I was at my worst while I was using... so if your using drugs QUIT!! and if you don't think you can.... YOU CAN! There are plenty of programs just about everywhere that can help. Last but not least... Exercies!! Believe it or not when you start to exercise you WILL feel better... You body starts to release natural chemicals that make you feel good! I LOVE YOU!! and so do other people! TRUST!

So, I'm 28. I thought about suicide for the first time at about 9. My whole life, it's been there. Here's the deal though...I finally realized that the problem is my mind isn't "hooked up" the way other people's minds are. Not a defect so much as a difference. Stay with me here. When I finally told my mom, that I was so sad all of the time, it was such a relief, because she got me a counselor and a physician. My anti-depresants are literally the best thing in the world. You wouldn't be embarrased to say, "Hey, I was born with no legs Mom, and I'm having trouble with stairs." Of COURSE you're having trouble with the stairs! So many gifted professionals can help you. You just have to be willing to take your medicine (and not jump off because you "feel better"). Be prepared to maybe try one or two different kinds to see which is right for you (there are literally hundreds of medicines for this common thing we call depression).

Also, Sarah, YOU can ask your mom for a doctor's appt. (make something up if you want) and tell your doctor that you are feeling so sad, and confused. Be honest. Tell him you WILL NOT hurt yourself if he will help you. (By law, if you say you are going to kill yourself to him he must contact police, HOWEVER, I've been to lots and lots of doctors, and they just want to help you get better, so one way to get good help is to say that you are very depressed, having scary thoughts and need immediate help.) Sarah, I hope this helps you. Hang in, we met for a reason. You were meant to be in this world.

Love,

Mak

There is a solution to every problem, life is so beautiful, why would you want to take that away? If you did anything like that, everyone that you knew would be crushed, destroyed..would you want to put all that on somebody's shoulders? I bet your a great kid, whose just going through a rough time. We all go through rough times, its a part of life, and usually they make us stronger. There were many times where I felt that there was no point to life, but then I realized that there is. We all have our whole lives ahead of us!

I think that you have made it to the first step. You know that you have a problem, and you want to fix it. That is really good, the next step is getting help.

i want to die too. my parents know that i want to die, but i am ready to kill myself. i am to scared to jump from high building or sink myself down or stab myself. I am thinking of blowing my brains out, but i cant buy a gun yet cause i am only 17, cant wait till i get 18. Please help me to kill myself !!!!