I hope this is the right forum to ask this...mainly I'm just wondering if I differ from the norm at all.

I've never been physically attracted to women until I'm emotionally attracted to them (which almost always means they're a good friend). It's like they become physically attractive to me once I'm attracted to their personality, their quirks, etc. Is this common among men? I can identify characteristics that most people would consider attractive (i.e. symmetry, facial structure, physical ratios, etc.) but I don't find myself attracted to them myself...

maybe you are just not attracted to the usual beauties. everyone has his own preferences on how girls should look like. I preferably like small-sized girls ..

have you never seen a girl on the street (or somewhere else) and thought "what the f*** ??!! what a horny girl!!"?

but maybe your preferences are mainly personal qualities. don't know. i wouldn't care much about it if i were you.

Krikkit,

First off, I don't think there is any 'norm'. What you prefer is your own choice and your right. If you happen to fall for a girl's personality before you are attracted to her physically, well I think that's actually a good thing. Of course I'd advise you to make sure you protect yourself. I think you might be vulnerable to a lot of pain if you let yourself get involved with a girl whom you fancied for her personality first and only then found her attractive physically. Most guys fall in love with few girls but consider the majority of their relationships as...'short love'. Mostly physical, with some emotion involved. I think you need to be careful. And if you should find that you fancy a girl physically before you get to know her first, good for you. Good luck, friend.

^-touch-of-heaven-^

Thanks for the advice. I have actually already been hurt quite badly a couple of times, so I know what you mean...I end up leaving myself extremely emotionally vulnerable when I care for someone; in fact, I've struggled with that very problem for the last few months. That was part of the reason I was wondering. Thanks again!