Trust issues with camera?

My boyfriend and I are in a bit of an argument. Ever since I purchased a digital camera, my bf complains that I use it too much. I enjoy taking nude pics of myself in various artistic poses. My bf claims that I get turned on in this solitary activity and in so doing deprives him of the pleasure that could be shared jointly. I am at home alone often and I enoy taking these pics alone. I shared the knowledge of my picture taking with him at first but every time I do he sulks that he was not a part of it. Now I try to hide the pics and deny taking any. He ends up searching thru my computer when I am out and inadvertingly finds the hidden pics. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong and I resent the fact that I can not do a enjoyable solitary endeavor without upsetting him. I further resent it that I am forced to hide something in my own home. We have been going out for almost two years and I thought everything was good until now. We are not officially living together but he is over here 95% of the time. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Mark

I agree with you that this should not be an issue. He should be more understanding and accepting of your personal desires. But maybe what it comes down to is that he feels left out, as you stated. If I were you I would ask him to join you in taking pics. Take them together. Tell him you want him to be involved in this activity as well. He may be more accepting of it that way.

Hi,

I know what your going through but from the other end. My boyfriend likes to take pics as well. Maybe you to should trade(LOL). We've gone through the same thinkgs. Let me start by saying my bf works out of home and I work elsewhere. He always said how he had nothing to do. My bf and I have a significant age difference between us and he has stated to me that he can only shoot once a day and is worried about keeping up with my sex drive. Now, I don't know your guys age sifference but I know that I got made at first when my bf would take pics because I was worried he would waste his one load a day when he took them and then I would miss out on my chance to share myself with him. We agreed (more I had to accept) that because he was going to do it anyway, I would rather be a part of it and have him share the fun(or at least entertaining) thing that he does with his day rather than only the mundane shit that he did. I started to feel like thats all I was there for. Plus, I would have rather of had him share it with me than to lie and hide it from me. I thought being in a committed and loving relationship meant that you ware honest and open with each other. Now I told my bf that I liked it when he shared it with me but he decided to only remember that I made a big fuss about it before we came to a resolusion and decided to hide it from me. Now I did the same thing your bf did. I knew my bf was lying to me when he said he didn't take anymore pics cause he was doing it at least twice a week before and he claimed to stop cold turkey. Something in my head told me "yeah right" and while I am not proud of what I did, I looked through his draw and found the disk that had his pics on it. They were dated dates that occurred after I had asked him. The thing that hurt me the most is that when I asked him, I was actually acting and sounding excited, trying to show him that I like it when he took pics because I thought some of them were pretty tasteful and that I supported his choose but he decided to lie straight to my face. I know it was wrong to go through his stuff but had he just been honest about it I would not have invaded his privacy. He told me he wanted to be a part of my day and share everything with him. All I asked was that he do the same. Anyway, my bf and I came to the resolution(which I made sure I reiderated to him)that I like it when he does take pictures and I just want to be a part of his fun day rather than just the shit. He said he would share them when he took them and I promised not to go through his stuff. Give your bf time to trust you again. I know with my bf and I that as long as he keeps up his end of the bargain(being honest and open and sharing) than I will keep up mine(and try and trust him again and not go through his stuff). While my bf and I should not have done what either of us did, we both still love each other very much and I'm sure your bf loves you too.

To may this work a decision must be made.

Either you are going to have to stop taking pictures or your mate is going to accept that you are photographing yourself.

Decide what is more important to you, discuss this with your mate, and come to a conclusion. You will not always get everything you desire in a relationship. That is called sacrifice. As an adult that is something that you will have to do in life to make it more fulfilling.

I'm sure you will make the right decision.

Good luck to you.

• 3 months later...

that your boyfriend thinks that you might be sharing these photos with other people online. In that case, I think he has every right to be worried. I'm going through a similar situation myself, so I know how he feels. Just reassure him you aren't sharing them with anyone else (you aren't sharing them, are you?) and let him know that everything is cool. Hey, maybe involve him by letting him take the pictures or setting a timer and have both of you in the photos. Good luck!