okay well about 2 years ago I met this guy on the computer.. we'll call him Zach. Well Zach and I became friends immediately. We opened up to eachother, and told eachother everything. About the same time I met him I was going through a difficult breakup. I was practically what you would call depressed. Zach helped me out a lot along the way and gave me advice on what I should do.. I guess you can say he was just a typical onlne friend. After awhile I would get on the internet just to see if he was on, and if he wasn't I would just get off. He was the whole reason of getting on the computer period. Over a course of time he began to have feelings for me, and told me he loved me everytime we were both online (and I don't mean the friendship kind of love either) A couple months ago we started calling eachother, even though it is long distance. He seems to love me and care for me alot. I'm actually going to where he lives to see him this summer. But there is one problem. He wants me to trust him, and believe him when he says certain things. I know I should trust him but what has happened to me in the past its so hard for me to trust guys. I want Zach to trust me, so i suppose its only fair that I trust him. but its alot easier said than done. I want to trust him when he tells me he loves me.. and other things.. please help..

Thanks ~Jennifer

First, Id like to ask why you feel that you cant trust him?? If he hasn't done anything to make you believe you cant trust him or it is too difficult, then why cant you?? Is there something from your past that is interfering with the way you WANT to feel and the trust you wish to have? The reason I say this is because I am having a hard time with trust as well with my boyffriend. He has done nothing to make me feel this way, matter of fact, he has done the opposite, but from past experiences, I feel that I cant trust him. It is too hard. Plus,(and maybe you can relate to this as well), I have come to the realization that I have made myself the most emotionally vulnerable to him. Maybe you are the same. My subconscious tells me, if I withhold the trust, then I cant get hurt, right? But we cant live that way. Trust is something that comes in time. You cant force it. Just keep telling yourself that you can trust him and that maybe this is rooted from your own insecurities. Thats the best that you can do and when the time comes that you feel you honestly do trust him with all that you are, it will taste so sweet.