Ask For Advice

Thread: my husband's best friend is in love with me

tia

my husband's best friend is in love with me

i guess the title of this topic really sums it up. here's the problem, besides the obvious of course--- i have no way of confirming that he is in love with me, even though this is my husband's suspicion and the suspicion of my friends. this friend has become distant from me (we were good friends too) and won't even hang out with us when we go to the movies or kayaking or anyting like we used to... but how can i confront this question? i don't even think he'd tell me if i asked! and without knowing for sure what can i do to help the situation? even if i know for sure, what can i do? help!

sisterlynch

husband's friend

If he is distant he probably is not interested in breaking up your supposed marriage with his friend. What do you expect him to do? Admit that he has inappropriate feelings for someone in a committed relationship? Use your best judgement and get over it yourself...you owe it to your husband to ignore any feelings that you have for other men...not to encourage them! Be Good!

tia
    its not that i'm in love with him- i just to be able to remain good friends with him--

axe03

tia....???

TIA,
    HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REMAIN GOOD FRIENDS WITH A GUY THAT IS IN LOVE WITH YOU THAT KNOWS HE CANT HAVE YOU??(OR CAN HE?)AND BY HAVING THE ATTITUDE THAT YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS SITUATION,WHAT IS GOING TO STOP YOUR HUSBAND FROM WONDERING IS REALLY GOING ON?HAVE YOU AND THE OTHER GUY EVER HAD ANY INTAMACY?DO YOU FLIRT??ARE YOU HOT FOR HIM OR ATTRACTED TO HIM?YOU ARE WALKING ON THIN ICE WITH YOUR MARRIGE,BECAUSE YOU DEFINETLY ENCOURAGED THIS MAN SOMEHOW?IF YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND,PUT YOUR FRIEND IN CHECK,IF YOU ARENT SURE THAT YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND,THEN LET ME ASK YOU.....DO YOU HAVE BIG T ITS?
    AXE03

Jeffrey

Another opinion

The guy may be distancing himself so he can eliminate the feelings he has for you, or maybe test them. If so, he's doing the right thing and should remain in your circle of friends.

Unlike the sage advise of the wordly "axe," I know you didn't have to do anything to cause this. As he got to know you better, he probably liked what he saw. It happens! This could be managed as a "no harm, no foul" situation...again if he is truly trying to bring his affection back down to the friend level. I wouldn't confront him on it. Give it time, allow the distance, and both you and your husband should take it as a compliment.

hintah

Don't Ask Him

Please, pretend you don't notice it, and leave it alone. If your husband's friend likes you, that's his problem. You don't need to seek confirmation and make it your problem too. He could simply be attracted to you (for the same reasons your husband loves you). Try introducting him to one of your friends. This may not solve the problem, but hopefully it will distract him, and let him know you're not interested in pursuing anything with him.

Top Threads
Wife's Midlife Crisis and Emotional Affair
Ok, at this point, I'm just looking for perspective, thoughts, feelings about dealing with a spouse going through a midlife crisis, and an emotional
Starting business with gf
Hi there - my gf told me she always wanted to open a book store. One night I told her that she would be really good at it. The next day she sent me a
The most difficult situation of my life
Hi guys, I would like to make it as short as possible.So basically my story start on the high school, 4 years ago. I went to the first class and met
My boyfriend wants me to move in with him. HELP!
Hi. I'm 22 years old, and my boyfriend is 23. We have been together for a year now and during this past year we have been through a lot of struggles
A Strange Situation
Okay so, I need some advice with my new boyfriend. I'm 27 and he's 29, we've been together for about 4 months. For a bit of background, I got out of
Will my ex ever talk to me again after my behavior?
This is kind of a long story that took place over multiple years. I'll just layout all the details first, before getting into what I did. I dated
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
He Left My Clothes in His Yard to Pick Up
Here is a follow to my situation: After I spent four days with this guy I met online, I inadvertently left a few clothes at his place. Almost two
Does he really think I'm trolling him/can't trust me or is just an excuse?
Met a guy last summer. I broke it off with him 3 times in 6 dates, over concern about distance, but kept apologizing. The last break off he said he
My 8 year old won't go to sleep or stay asleep 😣😣
Feel like I am losing my mind. My 8 year old just won't go to bed.. or she at least won't stay in bed. She is still up now at 9.45pm (after being
HSP in LDR, about to move to be with him and get married
Im a Highly Sensitive Person. I get very overwhelmed very easily. If i dont sleep well, if theres too much noise, if there are too many
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I
Stomach flu fears
I have a huge fear of stomach flu, if i am exposed or know someone has had it a have really bad anxiety and stress over it. Yesterday at 11am at my
Boyfriend Likes Questionable Pictures on Instagram– Should I Be Worried?
Long story short, he's been liking some questionable pictures that this other woman (whom he knows irl) posts. In one of the pictures he liked, she's
Ask For Advice