Ask For Advice

Thread: my husband's best friend is in love with me

tia

my husband's best friend is in love with me

i guess the title of this topic really sums it up. here's the problem, besides the obvious of course--- i have no way of confirming that he is in love with me, even though this is my husband's suspicion and the suspicion of my friends. this friend has become distant from me (we were good friends too) and won't even hang out with us when we go to the movies or kayaking or anyting like we used to... but how can i confront this question? i don't even think he'd tell me if i asked! and without knowing for sure what can i do to help the situation? even if i know for sure, what can i do? help!

sisterlynch

husband's friend

If he is distant he probably is not interested in breaking up your supposed marriage with his friend. What do you expect him to do? Admit that he has inappropriate feelings for someone in a committed relationship? Use your best judgement and get over it yourself...you owe it to your husband to ignore any feelings that you have for other men...not to encourage them! Be Good!

tia
    its not that i'm in love with him- i just to be able to remain good friends with him--

axe03

tia....???

TIA,
    HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REMAIN GOOD FRIENDS WITH A GUY THAT IS IN LOVE WITH YOU THAT KNOWS HE CANT HAVE YOU??(OR CAN HE?)AND BY HAVING THE ATTITUDE THAT YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS SITUATION,WHAT IS GOING TO STOP YOUR HUSBAND FROM WONDERING IS REALLY GOING ON?HAVE YOU AND THE OTHER GUY EVER HAD ANY INTAMACY?DO YOU FLIRT??ARE YOU HOT FOR HIM OR ATTRACTED TO HIM?YOU ARE WALKING ON THIN ICE WITH YOUR MARRIGE,BECAUSE YOU DEFINETLY ENCOURAGED THIS MAN SOMEHOW?IF YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND,PUT YOUR FRIEND IN CHECK,IF YOU ARENT SURE THAT YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND,THEN LET ME ASK YOU.....DO YOU HAVE BIG T ITS?
    AXE03

Jeffrey

Another opinion

The guy may be distancing himself so he can eliminate the feelings he has for you, or maybe test them. If so, he's doing the right thing and should remain in your circle of friends.

Unlike the sage advise of the wordly "axe," I know you didn't have to do anything to cause this. As he got to know you better, he probably liked what he saw. It happens! This could be managed as a "no harm, no foul" situation...again if he is truly trying to bring his affection back down to the friend level. I wouldn't confront him on it. Give it time, allow the distance, and both you and your husband should take it as a compliment.

hintah

Don't Ask Him

Please, pretend you don't notice it, and leave it alone. If your husband's friend likes you, that's his problem. You don't need to seek confirmation and make it your problem too. He could simply be attracted to you (for the same reasons your husband loves you). Try introducting him to one of your friends. This may not solve the problem, but hopefully it will distract him, and let him know you're not interested in pursuing anything with him.

Top Threads
Meeting a Man at his house?
So I met this guy online. I told him what bar I was going to on Friday and we attempted to meet up. We played a flirty game of cat mouse around the
Should i be explaining myself to her ?
Hello, im 22 and this is my second thread posting the same situation but i wish to describe it in a different way because i have had time to think
Money or love ?
Hi guys. I dont know what to do . Im sorry if i sound a bit of a h buthere it goes. So i broke up with my bf because he dont wana work or do
I hate sex with my bf
I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years & living together for 2. He's a lovely decent kind man, from a lovely family & he's got a brilliant job &
How do I handle her disrespectful kids?
So I've been dating my love for almost a year and a half. All is perfect between her and I. When its just the 2 of us, we don't fight or argue
Is there're really someone for everybody ?
Have you ever met or seen someone whom you though of as a person who's just not fit for romantic relationships at all and so there isn't really
Wife staying friends with emotional affair person
My wife got a new best friend on Facebook (woman) and fell in love with her. The friend did not fall in love, it was one sided. That friend was

Featured Threads
After 3 date ...nice mam but stingy .what to do
Dear all...Please share your thoughts...Just returned from 3rd date with a guy I met on line. As you may know from my previous thread...we met for a
Lack of experiences possibly affect Relationships?
I've been thinking lately about whether someone might be 'lacking' in some ways because of their own lack in 'experience' in their Life.... Eg. I
Being Called A Liar When You Aren't...
Is it reason to get angry, when your being called a liar and accused of stuff when it isn't true. Conversation was about sex, i went about 2 or 3
Left me on our two year anniversary
Here's the thing.... I am well aware of the dusfunction that was my relationship. I'm well aware that I've only been making myself suffer. I am also
Reconciliation
Iíve seen an awful lot of posts about reconciliation lately and why you should never go back to an ex because they dumped you and they are evil
Why would the girl in dating tell me this??
We haven't been dating long so we're not exclusive. Slept over at hers a few times. Anyway today she was messaging me telling me how she is really
started antidepressants....
Hi all, So first time in my life I started antidepressants yesterday, after visiting a doctor. The reason for feeling this way is recent breakup
Ask For Advice