I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 6 years last night. I love her more than anything, but it just wasn't working out. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, and already I miss her. I am already starting to doubt the reasons why I did it, though I thought about them for months. I know for sure I did the right thing, but it doesn't make it any easier. Seeing her hurt and crying last night almost killed me. Watching her pack up most of her stuff as fast as she could was the most horrible thing I've ever had to watch. I think I can handle not being with her, but I can't stand her being hurt. I've tried to protect her from any pain in the years we were together, and now I am the cause of her pain. I am used to cheering her up, and making her feel great, and having a good time, and making her cry out of happiness, not sadness, not like last night. I have to be strong however or I'll just make it worse for everyone. Sorry for wasting your time, just needed to get this off my chest.

NO apology necessary. What you just did sucks and unfortunately it ain't gonna get any easier for now. As far as doubting your reasoning who knows? Let this one settle in go see other people after time you'll know for sure if you made the right decision or not.