Is going out worth it?

Is it really worth it to go out with a girl? I mean it takes so much time. I sometimes feel it is better to be dreamy of a girl than to actually go out with her, cause it gives you a sense of hope (you know the feeling when you have a crush on someone). But when you finally go out with her, what do you do? Go to a couple movies, hang out all the time. At school, hanging out with her and her friends instead of yours, is it worth it? Or is it better to be dreamy and hopeful but still have your freedom?

'Going out' with someone is just something that teenagers do for fun. Its nice to like someone and think about them sometimes- although education and school should be the number one priority. I personally think its good to go out with girls though because not only does it make you ten times happier but it makes you a better person towards others.

But being forced to go out with someone just to help your image and make yourself feel better about yourself is a poor reason. Nobody should go out with anyone whom they dont like romantically- and although this happens all over America- it is just used as a self-confidence tool that you know that someone besides your family loves you. But if you have a good family and are loved- dont stress out about going out so much. Sure you might get poked fun at, but when you look back at this when your married- you'll just laugh.

Hey I see that you, in your mind have a valid point. I am not trying to dissuade you from not going out with girls and only dreaming about them. That is your own personal choice. Although, to ever have a family, you are going to have to start somewhere. I agree with bhat963, it does make you happier and a better person towards others. These life experiences are necessary. I hope that you reach a decision that best suits you.

Best of Luck