Aaaaaargghh i dunno what to do!!

hey guys i really need some help with something, i really like this girl but i dunno wether to ask her out or not, it started about 4 years ao when i first joined a class she was in andwhen i walked in all i can remember was seing all these new ppl and she was sitting in a corner and she just looked so damn beutiful and her eyes just kinda shone out you know? and i instantly couldnt take my eyes off her, and it stayed that way for like 3 years i was too scared to say anything to her which is really quite sad lol but anyway some of my friends told her i fancied her and she still didnt say anything to me for ages, but in the summer holidays i met this girl when i was playing a gig and we went out for 4 months and it was great, and i kinda forgot about her. but then we broke up and whenever i see her i get this weird feeling that goes all the way through me and we're kinda talking now abit but i dunno wether to say anything to her, shes like really clever and is possible the cleverist gal in the shcool and well im like in a rock band and get average test scores and stuff but i really dont know can anyon give me advice on what to do?

I'd like to just say -- we're talking about 4 years here! Just think of all the stuff that could happen in 4 years. You can't waist one more minute. I liked a guy for a couple of years and I was too scared to say anything. I thought it was obvious that I liked him and my friends told me he knew but he never talked to me about it. He moved away and I got to see him once since then. That one night I seen him at a party, I learn that he had a crush on me too and thought it was a lie that I was attracted to him. I could really kick myself for never making a move. Now, when I like a guy, he knows! I understand you feel a bit intimidated by your differences, but this is a girl you want. You like her for who she is, even if she is really clever. After you tell her, cause I know you will, she'll like you for who you are. If she doesn't, that's completely her loss. Anyway, you have nothing to lose except another few years, and you can't afford that. So, find out when you can talk to her or get her screen name and make a move!! Hope i helped.