do you agree??

I would like to know if anybody agrees or disagrees with this statement:

"If you have nothing to hide, there is no reason to hide it."

What are your veiws on this quote? Where is the line between privacy and secretiveness drawn?? I have an issue and I need answers to this question. Please help...

what i mean is privacy isn't just something others dont have to know.

I reallized it's something that helps for ego very much .

It is something yours and none's else thats the beauty of it its who you are freedom to be and feel and think in your own world.

Mabe it helps us to see our purpose and who we are in life.

big things come from small ones like your own secret .

without secret of your own self a person isn't person then person becomes a book everyone can read.

not to mention that if you can get hurt in life especially social life it is by revealing everything to everyone.

Trust me on this.

I agree with SayX to a degree, and think your statement is a little too....black and white, with no room in between. There's IS a considerable difference between openness and having nothing to hide. Both you and SayX touched on this with the mention of privacy. The way I boil it down is this: if the issue has nothing to do with you, and does not negatively affect you, or is not germain to the topic, then you should respect their privacy, and try not to judge them based upon the refusal to be entirely candid with you. Their private memories and experiences are just that, private, WITH the proviso that neither through ommission or commission, their actions do not cause you to be hurt. If you and I are in a monogamous relationship, and I go out, get falling down drunk and sleep with some anonymous girl, and not tell you about it, not only is the ACTION wrong, concealing would be wrong as well. If I slept with the same girl six years before I met you, and carry no undisclosed diseases to yours and mines relationship, no have no business knowing, and should respect my privacy, and beyond that, not use my reticence as a lever against me.

Just my 28 cents worth.

Hope this helps with your dilemma.

• 4 weeks later...