my teacher?!?!?!

I have been infatuated with my English teacher. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too fond of him at first, but he won me over in the end.

He would give me hugs, put his arm around my waist or shoulders, or give me a massage.

That's normal...right?

Anway, he's basically nice to everyone, so I can't tell if he likes me or not that way...probably not. I've been contemplating getting him alone with me someplace, but it's probably never going to work.

I would love advice or feedback, and please try to be nice...I really don't know what to do.

Well, a lot is weighed on your age. Are you still in high school? Or are you in college? And the age of your teacher. If you are still in high school, this may become a large problem, especially for him. I would say that putting an arm around your shoulder and giving you a quick hug is normal. However, putting his arm around your waist and giving you a massage may be borderline on being too intimate. I wouldn't try to conspirsize for you two to be alone because you may get hurt. I'm sure his career is important to him and you wouldn't want to jeopordize that. I think it is healthy for you to be infatuated with him but you need to keep that as your fantsy. Just as if he is attracted to you, he needs to keep that to himself as well. There are laws to abide by and flirting and touching and going any further than that would violate those laws. He could get into serious trouble. However, College is a little different. If you are within a 5-10 year age range with this teacher and in college, his flirtaion may not be looked down upon as much. It is still not something I reccommend but it doesn't break any laws. It sounds to me he is a high school teacher and I think that you should keep this as your own personal fantasy and enjoy it as that.

You know, I'm still thinking about it. The thing is, I'm 16 and he's 30. Yeah, I would say that's a very considerable rift between our ages. I wish I could just go ahead and say, "Hey, you want to go out for a cup of coffee?" like he was just any other person. But I don't think I could face rejection because, like I said, he seems to be really nice to everyone so he could have just been friendly. You might think I'm in love with my image of him, but I'm not. The truth is, I like him much better as a person than I than like him as a teacher. But I don't want him to lose his job, so I guess now I just need to get over him.