afraid of losing my grandfather

im a 19 year old high school graduate and i am afraid that my grandfather will die of cancer he pretty much smoked all his life and i am upset about it he is 72 years old i lost my grandmother 5 years ago through a stroke she was 65 i was 14 im now 19 and my grandfather is dying of cancer and i need help coping with this because it is to hard to deal with i dont know if i should go to his funeral because it will be hard if you have any advice on what i should do then please tell me thank you.

cute_one

If you were to pass away don't you think your grandfather would go to your funeral? It means alot to him that you care this much. Posssibly you should talk to your ex boyfriend and ask him to be there for you during this time. theres always someone who cares, find that person and talk to them.

It will all be ok ;-) promise

Avoiding a problem doesn't solve it. And try not to think too much, one problem at a time is enuff.

A part of living is to die. Everyone dies eventually. Some young, some old, some expectedly, some unexpectedly.

Why are you afraid? Why are you sad? Because he is leaving u? Or becuz he is suffering? or is it because of urself?

He is the one who is doing the dying (pardon me if I'm abit harsh), not you. Why are you afraid? Why are you upset? Because of the loss of him? Dun u think that is a trifle selfish?

Do u wish him to die alone, uncomforted? As I have said before, thing comes and goes. Accept and be there for him. Let him leave in peace, try to make his last moments as peaceful as possible.

It is unimportant that you are sad, unimportant that u feel u can't take it. Unimportant. The only thing is HIM. Make him as comfortable as possible, make him smile, make him remember joyous memories, let him know you are beside him. The rest are unimportant. Show him that u care.

Partings are sad, but dun make it into a tragedy that the one who leaves can't leave in peace, and the one who stayed a broken soul. Peace.

• 3 months later...

I know exactly how you feel. losing my grandpa was very tough on me because he practically raised me. at that time i thought that id be a wreck forever, but he did teach me one thing. he told me that as long as i remember him, then hes not really gone. like i said i know its tough, and im not saying this will happen, but attend his funeral to pay your respects and says your farewells, then stay around family and loved ones for support. i know it wont be easy and ive been where you are, but i PROMISE it will pass!

good luck

Jason---Senior Airman in the United States Air Force

ps-dont think my screen name has anything to do with this reply to your situation, im an Undertaker fan from the WWE nothing more

• 5 weeks later...