I cant stop thinking of him...HELP ME!!!!!!

hi i am a 19 year old high school graduate and i just broke up with my boyfriend and its hard to deal with but all i want is for him to come back and start all over with things and to see my grandpa before he dies with lung cancer. I've loved him ever since 1999 he was my friends boyfriend then I went out with him after they broke up i was with him for 2 in a half years i was 16 and he was 25 when we started dating now i am 19 and he is 27. I don't know if i should leave him alone or keep trying to talk to him I always done stuff for him i been there for him we were engaged he bought me a 500 doller engagement ring and he boght me a whole lot more and I miss him a heck of a lot but then he left me to go out with someone else and didnt say good bye or to sort out all of our bills he pretty much left me in debt over 5000 doller so if you have advice on weather or not i should keep trying to call him then please let me know thank you Cute_one

Hey Cute_One,

I read your posting and I just wanted to give you my 2 cents. First off, I think it was wrong of him to take your youth away, dating a guy that much older than you at 16 must have been hard. This is my advie, I think you should give him some time, I am sure he cares about you but apparently he wants to meet other people as well. I know it's so very hard to get over someone, I am going through something like that right now, not as severe as your case since mine is just a lil crush. Anyways stay away from him, don't call him....each day make a check mark for not calling him, trust me in due time you'll forget about him and then he'll come to you. You need to let him come to you, but you do have the right to tie up loose ends, don't be at his mercy though. That's my advice maybe others would disagree, but this is how I would handle it. Oh you can also write him a letter and tell him how much he hurt you, just one last thing before YOU let go. He'll realize what he did was wrong and come back...I believe. As far as your grandfather, just surround yourself with people who love you...like good friends.

Take care,

fizzybuzz

Personally.. (as all things here really are). I would say avoid writing any letters about how so an so hurt you, those things are all too often worded in ways you/we later regret. When people think of pain that is current or recent they do not truly think with a clear head, or heart for that matter... They think with a cut a pain.

Give it some time yes, but if you really feel deeply for this person do not wholely ignore him, just set the deeper emotions aside for a while and try to re-establish what you had when you were just friends. And don't say "I just want to be friends for a while." To (most) males that statement is like saying "Why don't you just forget I exhist."