i'm not a shy person but why am i not successful with girls?

Hi! I'm a 19 year-old single guy who has yet to go on a real date in my life. I consider myself very friendly, easy-to-approach, and easygoing. But the problem is i'm such a typical nice guy. It almost depresses me when i think that my niceguy image is ruining my chances of going on dates and just being around girls.

A lot of people complimented on my looks and told me i'm handsome, cute, and sexy. However, my biggest fear is my communication skills, personality, being comfortable around girls, and having the ability to make girls laugh (sense of humor). I think those personal areas are where i definitely lack some skills. I

In fact, i'm not shy at all! I'm very outgoing and extrovertive. However, when it comes down to the stage where you pretty much have to reveal yourself to the girl, it seems to me as if i just run out of topics or don't really know what to say. I don't have problems approaching girls and getting to know each other better by asking questions and talking to them. But i haven't gone a step further from there to ask a girl out on a date! I feel totally comfortable talking with guys and my close buddies, but it's a totally different story with girls.

Actually i've noticed that a lot of girls have been giving me their eyes; the only problem is all of them have just not been my type. And when it comes down to the girls that i really like, i always seem to make some kind of mistake during the conversation. I guess i'm still in the learning process in the art of seduction.

An intimate relationship is supposed to be based on total understanding of each other, mutual acceptance, transparency, communication, and openess which lead to vulnerability. My problem is that i shut myself down in conveying what i truly am when talking to girls, and that way, i run out of conversation topics or just feel very uncomfortable and awkward when i'm around them.

Should i change my whole personality, normal conversation topics, and sense of humor in order to be more successful with girls that i like? How is it possible to lead an ongoing smooth and comfortable conversation with girls when my normal conversation topics (guy talks) aren't really applicable in creating an intimate atmosphere?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post.

Ciao!

I used to be exactly like you. But a bit worst than you (not telling my down sides). I used to be a geeky computer nerd, 21 and still no first girlfriend. Even worst, the girls aren't interested in me nor want to look at me when I talk to them. Now I get girls left right and centre fancy me, want to go out with me, etc. and have been in many serious intimate relationships.

I've read and read many articles, and they all are valid but they still aren't enough. There are two books which made me successful in the end. I highly recommend these books. But there are warnings before you read these books: must have strong heart, & MUST FOLLOW ALL RULES properly. (from experience I have learnt 1000% more knowledge on girls/relationships just by book-handons-experience than reading these web articles).

Email me if you want to know my books.

You seem to be the classic case of all looks, no game. I'm 18 and sort of like you--I'm good-looking, get many girl's eyes, but I have a game that I rarely use because of hesitation. You don't seem to have the hesitation, so you just have to work on your game.

When I see a girl I like, I just walk up to her with a smile and say "hi, I'm _____" Then, I try to get to know her. I later talk about the last thing we both took part in--whether it was a class, or a concert, or whatever. The entire time, I'm watching her body language--if she's smiling, making any eye contact, has her arms crossed or not, etc. Then, I pretend I have to go and then ask her for the phone number: "Ooh, look, I gotta go (checks watch) Can I call you sometime?" That puts a sense of urgency into the mix and makes you seem like an important or busy man. Then, when you get the number, wait a day or two--depending on how many other women you're laying rap to--and then call her. Get to know her more, and set-up a date: "Hey, I'd really like to get to know you more in person. How about we get some coffee this weekend?" That's a typical pick-up for me. I just have to bite my lip and do that more...haha...