questions of meaning

i'd preferably like to hear from the ladies on this one because you understand your own better than guys do. I have two situations and i wanna know if there's more behind it than meets the eye.

1) This girl i know that i've been friends with for a while has been in a relationship for several years now. Her relationship with her man started well before we met and got to know each other. She called me her biggest regret from high school, in that she got to know me too late, and not too long ago she presented me with a hypothetical situation: if i knew a girl and i knew that she had a boyfriend, would i go out with her if i knew that she was in a relationship. She asked if i would be willing to be with her if i knew that she was cheating on someone to be with me, knowing that she's capable of cheating. Is there any meaning behind that? Like, in her hypothetical situation, was she trying to find out if i would be with her if she cheated on her guy, or was she just asking in general?

2)Different girl: There's a girl in my apartment building that i run into once in a while. Once we ran into each other in the elevator, and introduced ourselves and that was it. Then several weeks later, it was raining and she walked out of the building before i did. She had an umbrella and i didn't. She started walking, and then stopped, turned around, and asked me if i wanted to share her umbrella with her. Does that mean anything significant, considering that previous to sharing her umbrella we had only had that short encounter in the elevator?

About Girl#2

Sorry I am not a female. However, you have to be careful when talking to women as not to think of every act of kidness as a sign of interest. The best thing to do would be to just be kind and return, be her friend and see where it goes from there. At this point it's just too hard to tell. Get to know her, and I am sure in no time at all you will know if she is interested.

Hope it helps.

Okay-Girl #1 in my opinion is DEFINITELY asking for her own benefit-so scratch out all that "hypothetical" talk about what she says she wants to know about you. What's she's really asking is-"would you date me even if I keep my ." She wants to have her cake and eat it too. It doesn't make her evil or anything, she just wants to play around and then see what's to come of it-if anything.

I think the more important question you should be answering is-would you really want to be with this girl if say....something DID happen between you two while she was still with her other man, and could you really trust her afterwards? Just something to ponder.

Girl #2-I'm with Zippit on this one - a kind act is a kind act PERIOD. Accept it and sleep well knowing that she's probably just a kind considerate person. Who knows-maybe you two will bump into one another again!!! That's the beauty of life-ya just never know what tomorrow will bring!

Good luck!!!