Cheek kissing, got a small problem

This is really tough for me.. I am trying to decide whether to go for it or not, but I don't really want to do the wrong thing. I live in Austria and it is very common between men and women to kiss on the cheek as a normal greeting. I have known this girl for about 2 months already and everytime I saw her or met up with her, I would just shake her hand or just greet her verbally. Do you think I could or should start kissing her on the cheek. If I start she might think I were trying to hit on her or want something than just a friendship. The truth is I don't I just want to be friends. All I wanted to know is if its okay to cheek kiss after a 2 to 3 month hand-shake greeting... I know this all sounds stupid and probably is a BIG waste of all your time, but help would be appreciated...

well, as you well know, flirting is a big step towards developing mutual intimacy, romance, and comfort. If all you have done so far is handshake with her, which is not really considered any intimate touch, (it's a rather too formal way for you to send her a message that you are interested in her as more than a friend), you've got to do some more. Ask her out on a date, preferably if you live in Wien and you are culturally cultivated, go to the cafe up the hill of the Schonbrunn Palace. I've been there, and it's one of the most romantic places i've ever been to. On the date, touch her at least five times! Make eye contacts with her/gaze into her eye. And touch her hand briefly as if you are making a point or agreeing with her notion.

As far as cheek-kissing is concerned, i think just going straight from handshaking to cheek-kissing is a bit too drastic for a change. How about giving her a nice big hug the next time you see her? Do that several times whenever you meet her, and when you feel it is the right moment, while hugging her, quickly give her a kiss on her cheek as a cute gesture. I think it will work, and especially the hugging will work as a bridge between the gap from handshaking to cheek-kissing.

Well thanks a lot for the advice guys, but I think i didn't say everything I should have.. I am not intending on dating her or going out with her.. I don't want her as a girlfriend. She is just a very good friend, thats all. But yeah hugs aren't a problem.. I do that all the time.. thanks anyways..