My husband does not want a fourth child

Hi, Im a 48 year old mum, and have three kids, the last one in her teens. Id love to adopt a baby as this has been a lifelong dream. However, my husband believes this child will not be happy as his parents will be "old" compared to other kids parents. I dont really know how to convince him, I mean, after all he is always working and is never at home. I dont believe that this baby would cause "trouble" within the family, as my other two kids are married and have moved out, and the teenage girl, who is still living at home, would love to have a little baby brother. Any opinions on this one?

Hi Ines,

WOW... you must be really loving children. You already have three and you seem to be determined to adopt one now. I commend you that you broad your horizon and find other ways to have children than the traditional way.

However, I can totally relate to what your husband is telling you. After all you are 48 years old. I am not saying that 48 is old, but it is not for nothing that nature asks you to stop having children when you hit the age of around 40. I hope that you realize that there will be a few other issues you will have to deal with in a couple of years. One of them will be 'menopause'. Having a young child could put you under some real extra pressure. Besides that the child will turn into a teenager when you are a little over the age of 60. With you having 3 children, I don't think I have to explain you what teenage years mean. Would you still be able to handle that child?

I am only 30 and single without kids. So, when it comes to this issue, I really don't know the world. But I am sure there are so many other issues in this subject, too.

Your plans look amazing and fantastic and I am sure your intentions are all good and that you want to make this work. But may be you haven't seen the side effects. My advice: try to find groups/forums/addresses that you can get really sound and informed advice from before you act.

Good luck in what you do

~ SwingFox ~