Help! How do I tell if shy friend of Brother likes me

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I am attracted to my brothers friend. He is very shy to top it off. I love spending time with him and he seems to be getting more comfortable with me. He has started to pick on me and on occasion started up some sort of conversation. Is he just being nice because I am his friends sister or is he starting to like me? What kind of things should I be looking for to tell if this shy guy likes me?

Perhaps you could ask your brother to ask for you, if you don't feel quite comfortable with taking that plunge. Let him do the dirty work for you; at least to test the waters a bit before taking your own move if necessary. Does your brother know of any other past interests his friend has had in the past? If so, can you find similiarities to his past interests and you? Just some things to think about. Best of luck!

I can't ask my brother for help. He has already stated that what ever happens between me and his friend is up to us, yet I am not allowed to pursue him. He doesn't want to make him uncomfortable and lose a friend over it. I get to do things with him and I want so badly to touch him, hold his hand or something. He is sooo hard to read and I don't know how to read if a guy is interested or not. UGH!

Well, as long as you don't play hockey or idolize Wayne Gretzky, you should ask him if he feels the same way as you do. You don't have to broadcast to everyone that you are going to ask, just do it in private and do it in person - not over the phone and not over an IM. If you do play Hockey and idolize Wayne Gretzky, then don't ask him out, because it is my job to ask you out.

Thanks and good luck

Well it sounds like your brother is playing this a little hypocritically. Either he allows you two to interact the way you two choose to interact, or not. If you two honestly interact with each other, and find interest; great. That shouldn't affect him and your brother's interaction (especially if it turns negative). I totally agree with JohnDoe--try something in private, if only briefly (like while your brother runs to the kitchen to get a coke or something) -- ask a quick question to see if you get a good response. Check obvious body language; look for negative or positive signs. Don't let your brother ultimatly dictate to you how you approach "his" friend--that person has just an equal right to become your friend (at whatever level) as you do. More importantly, let's let this (possible) new friend of yours ultimately decide some of this. Get his reaction to it all, and see how he feels.

Although your sentiments are nice, and it would be great to be able to just let him know and let him deal with the info, I am afraid of him rejecting me if he is not ready. Now I know what men go through when they really like someone.

As far as your hockey loving girl you are looking for, I am not her. I have never been to or watched hockey. I do think Wayne Gretzky is good looking.

Thanks for the input!

I would love to know how to read his body language!!! Some of the things he does when we are around each other makes me wonder! Also makes me wonder if in fact he does like me, why hasn't he asked me out yet? We have known each other for over 2 years and we have been hanging around each other for 7 months or more. I just don't know what to do.

Perhaps he doesn't know how to ask you out any more than you know how to read his body language. Rejection is part of the game, unfortunately. Can't win much without a small about of personal risk. A situation like this should be handled just like a ship to a tsunami: Head on, and don't flinch. Let me know how to goes if you give it a swing.