I'm shy and when I'm around girls I don't know what to say.

Valmont

I'm getting desperate. When I'm in school around girls I would like to date I get mentally blocked, I don't know what to say and I get very nervous. I always feel that ppl are looking at me and it also gets me very uneasy. What can I do to overcome shyness? And to develop conversation? I never know what to say and how to develop talk.

It's the rare person who is NOT shy around other people, particularly those of the opposite sex. Relax - it's almost always the same, for all of us. It doesn't matter whether you're 15, 25, 35 or even 85 for that matter, it happens to us all. The only difference between someone 15 and someone 45 is that we realize that being nervous is normal, and we don't let the nervousness get in the way of going after what we want.

Other than doing exotic things like being part of a debate club, or doing public speaking, the only thing I could think of to overcome shyness and to be a good conversationalist would be to remember that we're all basically in the same boat, and that we're all human. If there's a particular young lady you are interested in, you might just try observing (by saying this I don't imply that you stalk her!) her, and paying attention. See if she exhibits anything that she's interested in. If you have mutual friends, you might want to ask them for any insight they could provide. When having the conversation with the young lady, be polite, speak clearly, and most of all pay ATTENTION to her, what she says. Look her squarely in the eye when talking. Just take a deep breath and give it a try, rather than spending the next 50 years regreting never having said anything.

Good luck.