...Odd...Situation

hyperdude

Okay, this is sort of a long story, so I'll shorten it up a bit. Basically, there's this girl I've had a crush on (let's just say that her name is Kelly) since I was 8 (now I'm 13). I was going to ask her out, but then a close friend of hers (Kim, let's say), who told me to ask her out in the first place a couple of days ago, told me just now that Kelly just came out of a serious relationship and wasn't ready to date right away.

Anyway, this whole thing seems a bit suspicious to me. I had just said hi to Kim on MSN, then, out-of-the-blue, she asked me who I had a crush on. Being the honest guy that I am, I told the truth. Then she suggested that I go out with her, for no apparant reason. The next day, Kim told me that Kelly had come out of a relationship and didn't want to date. This is weird because I never noticed Kelly with anyone ever before and I'm another close friend of hers (thank God).

I'm thinking maybe that Kim was supposed to be a matchmaker for Kelly, but Kelly decided that she wasn't ready for dating and was too ashamed to admit it. So, basically, if you think that it is true, how long do you think I should wait? If you don't, what do you think I should do?

Sounds like this Kim charachter is off of her nut, so to speak.

If you really love Kelly, approach her and make the best of the situation. If she says no, accept her decision to decline gracefully. If you like kim as well, kim might pick you up after and then Kelly would realize that she made a mistake in turning you away.

Although, I am not too sure about this "Kim". If she is caniving enough to try and lure you away from your true desire and keep you for herself, she might not be the best person to be with either.

Let me know how you make out. Best of Luck