Is it worth trying?

I think I know what I should do...but it would be nice to hear the same advice from someone other than the voice inside my head!

I was dating a girl for three years. She was great. We always had fun, she was a Christian (me too), and she cared a lot for me. I decided to join the Air Force, it caused lots of problems. We fought a lot. I went to Officer Training School and was stationed in Florida. She came to visit for about a month. The same thing - we fought and generally didn't enjoy our time together. She kept saying it was because I joined the Air Force and she would get over it once we got married. I wasn't willing to take a chance that it was just a phase, so I broke up with her in June. That's when she tells me that she cheated on me while I was at OTS. Yes, she slept with another man because she "was mad at me."

After a few months, I was okay. Then she decided to visit again a couple weeks ago. We had a fantastic weekend and all sorts of feelings came back. She tells me she's seeing another guy and has been sleeping with him. I say I want her back and to leave that guy, I'm willing to forget everything. She said no. Two weeks later, we talked a few times in between, she calls me and tells me that I'm the perfect guy for her. I told her to leave the other guy, and again she says "no, give me a few months to see if it works with the other guy."

Obviously I need to put her phone number on reject, but I'd like to hear it from someone else as well. Thanks for the advice!

dont yu have yur way of testing people and realising watt they want and watt they r.. cant yu see that she is having yu there and she is also going around many other guys .. she knows u will be always there for her in the last and she is just keeping yu for satisfaction and still sleeping around with so many guys..

comon get out of this and if u wanna still say that yu want her bcs u love her and all .. its waste .. u can get much faithful and better people out there..

And u know watt this same situation came to my best frend who had a galfrend who did the same but wasnt admitting her fault and atlast he let go of her.. and now believe me he got such a great galfrend and he is sooo much happy and satisfied at his decision that he left her..

Sometimes watt happens its for our good..

its like there is better always ..

So take care and Good luck for yur career..

yeah everyone has pretty much given you the correct advice but i know how hard your situation can be so i'll add my comment to try to reinforce it.

she cheated on you so that pretty much should tell you that she doesn't really love you.

you forgave her after she cheated on you... which pretty much tells her that she can do whatever and get away with it.

she tells you you're the perfect guy for her and it will work later while she dates someone else... which means she's using you for back up and probably just calls when she has a fight with the other guy.

she's playing games man. there isn't any choice you have to make. you just have to walk away. its easy to say and hard to do, but i'm sure you already know its the right thing.

good luck buddy.

Alot of years invested and alot of feelings I know...

but you need to step away from this ordeal. Yes as everyone has replied you know what you need to do. Step back and bask in the good memories the two of you both had together.

Don't block her number. Show her that you are strong individual. Tell her not to call and why, and be firm. She has some growing up to do. You keep thinking and doing right and things will keep working out for you.

Sorry for all the pain that you have experienced. But I promise you, things will work out for you.

Be strong and firm.

ok! the cheating is bad and yes you could concentrate on that but I guess that what really gets to me is the fact that she isn´t able to back you up with things you do. so if you leave in order to do something for youself.. she can´t take it. she feels threatened. and of course... you are still far away and that is why she would rather be with someone that is by her side.

do you really want to be with someone that is so dependant on you? someone that will take the easy way out if you do something that she considers unfair? and if you finally decide to go and follow this career opportunity instead of backing you up, sleeps with another and most importantly leaves the relationship?