help.i cant forget his past

supersezzie

my boyfriend is 26 and im 19. the age difference doesnt bother me, its the fact that hes got so much more of a past than me. I cant stop thinking about his ex girlfriends and the many other women he's slept with-i've only ever slept with him. I know that what we have is special-we have been together for nearly 2 yrs and we love and trust each other completely. It's not about trust, I'm just jealous of his past. It's not fair on him, cos I've been in love before and had feelings for other men, so why shouldn't he. I just can't bear the image of him sleeping with other women before me. And he's been engaged 3 times, so i'm finding it hard to feel special and im constantly fighting the feelings that im just another in a long line of women. I'm not,it just feels like it.he has never ever hurt me and does everything for me,he doesnt even look at other women or talk to any of his exes,but the thought is eating away at me,and im constantly fighting it. please help! why do i feel like this? we have the best, most honest and open relationship in the world. he even knows im on the internet trying to get help for my problem.he reassures me, but its not enough. I know he was young and lonely when he had lots of girlfriends in the past, and he's grown up now and only wants to be with me, so why does it bother me so much? please help!

I know its hard to let go of the past but you need to move on past these thoughts. He is with you now and thats all that should matter, if you both enjoy a healthy relationship thats all you should focus on. Constantly bringing up the past will create problems in a relationship, trust me on that one. Its very hard to let go but if you start by cherishing every moment you two share and think about today and tomorrow instead of the past, I think it will put your mind at ease.

• 5 years later...