How do I deal with him leaving just before XMAS?

About 2 weeks ago, my husband of almost 5 yrs (anniversary is Jan 16), told me that he was leaving. It had been building up for a while, but I honestly didn't think he would go. I know I have done things to cause him pain, most of which was acting obsessively, and compulsively. I said I trusted him, but I guess, deep down, I didn't. On Dec 1st, he will be moving into his own one bedroom apt. Right now, I have no family or friends here, nor a job. I am currently in school, but that lets out Dec 10th , and doesn't start agin until Jan 20th. He says he will keep in touch, but it's hard to believe at this point. He told me he was at work, but what he was really doing was searching for an apt. Last nite, a friend suggested that this might be temporary, and I asked him if he was open to that. He said, "Maybe", which was more than what he was saying last week. But, how do I deal with coming home to an empty house on XMAS, and having nobody to wish me Merry XMAS? I can't go home, cause that's about 2500 KM away, and would cost too much. I just feel so alone right now. I don't want him to leave...*sigh*

To be honest it will be hard.

But why don't you try and work things out with him. Five years is a lot to throw away. If you know what you have done apologize for it, and or suggest counseling.

If you are not looking towards this direction. Then maybe you should contact your family or friends and see if they can work out something for you so you can go and visit them. But I really think you should work things out with your husband if you really love him.

But no matter, don't give up on this relationship.

Good luck to you.