Ways to Propose to my boyfriend

Hi,

Im have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and living with him for 3 years. I want to propose to him this Christmas but Im not sure how men react to this. If anyone can give me some tips I would be grateful, Im also looking for a male opinion on women proposing to their partner.

I know for sure that he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and we have already discussed kids and our future. I just want to show him how much I love him and I don't think its wrong to propose to him than the other way about. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Good for you!

More women should share in the join and excitement in the big question.

Are you sure this is your lifelong desire? Can you picture this man with you for the rest of your life? Have you discussing issues such as kids, bills, arguments and goals?

Of course, you didn't ask any of that but I figured I'd ask anyway.

The best way for you if you are sure hell accept would be to ask him alone. Make his favorite mill over some nice wine, maybe some Joseph Phelps Insignia Napa Valley, warm him up to the subject by expressing your love.

And then when you feel the moment is right ( you'll know )

ASK!

Good luck, keep us posted.

I'm sorry I can't be as positive about you proposing as much as Lighteningbird. I believe he gave you good advice but I can tell you from talking to my friends about the subject it can go the opposite direction completely.

Several of my friends (me being somewhat included) think that when a woman proposes to a man it is viewed by the man as an ultimatum of sorts. The reason being that a male sees it as either a "put up or shut up" situation where all of the sudden he doesn't really have any answer but "yes" or risk losing his partner who he's just not ready at the time to marry. I dang sure doesn't mean he doesn't want to marry you though.

Perhaps discussing the idea of marriage with him would be more appropriate.

I'm not saying that this position is the correct one or even the right one. I'm not claiming that it is the right way of thinking either. I'm not claiming to be the know-all, see-all here. I'm just letting you know about the discussion I had with my friends a few nights ago on this very topic.

Good luck to you.

• 1 month later...