I have a friend that was in what appeared to be a loving relationship for one year. His partner ended the relationship because of pressure from her parents (amoung other things I'm sure). It's been 4 months and he still is living with the pain of the breakup and is unable to move on. I want him to find happiness again but he seems unable to completely let go. How can I help other than just being here as a sounding board. Should I give him advice or just listen?

its since 4 months of the breakup..

so he should be normal by now, as a frend u should help him out from this instead of sitting over there bored.

u better get him involved in other things which will be of interest to him and take him to different new places which he hasnt gone before so that he could get occupied in other new things rather than thinking about his painful past. u r his frend so it is ur job and ur duty to make ur frend happy at any cost.. dont just sit their listening to his sad stories and seeing him cry plzz.. hey u know urself that frend in need is a frend indeed.. then??

take care.. and take care of ur frend as well..

U asked if u shld just listen or give advice. it depends on him. Is he asking 4 advice? If not u may want 2 tred lightly. If so give advice then. He may or may not like it so be ready for an argument---hey, that's life!! But if he is a good friend, just be there 4 him and encourage him. Let him know that u DO care and it WILL get better with time. Hopefully he'll learn this on his own. Once he starts to date again, he should start recovering. I did, although I still think about her. I just find that she is starting to fade finally. It's taken some time. Well i rattled long enough. bye

LearningL8