My girlfriend has problems with her parents.

My girlfriends is having problems with her parents. Recently her mom has been turning into a tyrant. She doesn't let her go anywhere, she isn't allowed to do anything, and now she isn't letting her goto school unless she has a babysitter. For the past like 2 months she has been grounded for something that her mom hasn't even told her why. My g/f has been under alot of stress lately, and she's even been fainting and throwing up cause of her mom. Her health teacher has said that she needs to relax, and she went out last friday to goto a movie with me without her mom's permission. It was the first time she's ever done anything like that, but her mom is blowing things out of porportion. She now is getting babysat even though she's 17, and she can't go to school unless there is a babysitter to meet her at home. I don't konw what to do now. I don't know what to do to help her. Her friends parents are offering to house her, and take care of her. I dont' know what to do. I need some help.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the way girlfriend is getting treated.

It seems like something happened recently to cause this change. She might need to see a therapist .

If that doesnt help, then your girlfriend probably needs to get away. She can go to boarding school. Its not a bad idea to stay at a friend's place either. You have havent mentioned her dad. May be he can help with this.

-JustAnotherFriend