Ask For Advice

Thread: Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Bluelighted

Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Ok for starters, this is a neat forum, I am glad I found it.

I am a pretty shy person myself when I talk to people that I like, otherwise I am totally fine in most situations.

But...there is this man that I most definitely like. He is 31, I am 25. Anyhow, I think he is shy like me, and it's hard getting anywhere with him.

We used to work together and during that time we flirted quite a bit, although I think he is a flirt in general.

After I left that job he told me to come back and visit, which I then have done 3 times since (I left the job at the beginning of Sept), while he is at work. The first two times went pretty well, for some reason I was not that nervous, and when we got to talking we were completely okay. We found out details about each other like where he lives, where I live, issues at work etc. he seemed sort of nervous the first meeting though. At the third visit, we stared at each other back and forth (he works at hockey games so I went to "watch" the game), but I didn't go up to him because I was much more nervous than usual.

In the meantime we converse over the internet, and I have tried to subtly ask him if he wanted to do something outside of his work, but he avoids the issue. He did say that he hopes to see me at the next game and for me to make sure I find him. This next game is in a few days.

So at this next meeting, I know I have to get over my fear and just go up to him, but knowing that he is shy as well (at least I think so, he likes to just look at me so many times) makes me feel worse.

What can I do? It seems like the more I talk to him online the worse it's getting to be!

Oh and I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, although he does have some issues from the past that he has to sort out, as do I.

hintah

This is what you should say

Tell him:

I don't know your situation, but when you're in between girlfriends, can you please give me a call. Have a note prepared with your phone number.

I hope this helps.

Top Threads
Choice between guy who adores me, and two new guys
So to start this off, I'm a 20 year old girl who has posted here before about my issues with getting to know guys because of my social anxiety
Is it normal for me to feel this awkward
Sometimes when I go to my visit my boyfriend at his house, he won't tell me thst his friend is there. I don't dislike his friend but they have
What to do -- he's my successor / work collegue and kinda shy too
Hello, I have this sort of issue that I have been thinking about for a long time and I am sort of clueless what I should do. I have a crush on a
What should I do next?
I'm really unsure about which forum category to post this under so I'll just go with this one as it sort of fits in with the whole 'too shy' and
Not sure what to do (work colleague)
Hi, I canít stop thinking about this girl from work. First off, sheís 19, Iím 25, Iíve never heard her mention a boyfriend either. Iím very shy in
Stuck in friend zone
Me and my friend have been close for a long time. 7 years. 3 years ago we started to feel more for each other and suggested maybe we should be more

Featured Threads
He took my sisters virginity!
Well.. Here goes nothing. I don't have anyone to talk to and hoping to get some insight. My mind is confused and my heart is completely
Dating after working in the sex industry
Hey all, I'm coming out of a difficult time in my life where i worked as a sex worker. I just wanted some opinions on how to handle this when I begin
My boyfriend hangs out one on one with his ex am I right to feel uncomfortable?
Hi everyone, I posted here before about how my boyfriend and his ex are close friends. Long story short, they date for two years, realised they were
What does this mean?
I'm a 24 year old man and I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. But I'm feeling like this relationship is built on blind trust
Is this just "The 21st Century Woman?"
For the past 5 years, every woman I've dated (ages 25-32 we'll say) has had to stress to me immediately, before anything gets going, that they are
Venting I guess... I miss having sex.
So... I don't know if there is any real advice that can be given here. But I'm sure people here can at least relate and maybe share their
My boyfriend curses at me but says he's joking?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and while everything has been great so far except that he curses at me but says
Ask For Advice