Ask For Advice

Thread: Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Bluelighted

Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Ok for starters, this is a neat forum, I am glad I found it.

I am a pretty shy person myself when I talk to people that I like, otherwise I am totally fine in most situations.

But...there is this man that I most definitely like. He is 31, I am 25. Anyhow, I think he is shy like me, and it's hard getting anywhere with him.

We used to work together and during that time we flirted quite a bit, although I think he is a flirt in general.

After I left that job he told me to come back and visit, which I then have done 3 times since (I left the job at the beginning of Sept), while he is at work. The first two times went pretty well, for some reason I was not that nervous, and when we got to talking we were completely okay. We found out details about each other like where he lives, where I live, issues at work etc. he seemed sort of nervous the first meeting though. At the third visit, we stared at each other back and forth (he works at hockey games so I went to "watch" the game), but I didn't go up to him because I was much more nervous than usual.

In the meantime we converse over the internet, and I have tried to subtly ask him if he wanted to do something outside of his work, but he avoids the issue. He did say that he hopes to see me at the next game and for me to make sure I find him. This next game is in a few days.

So at this next meeting, I know I have to get over my fear and just go up to him, but knowing that he is shy as well (at least I think so, he likes to just look at me so many times) makes me feel worse.

What can I do? It seems like the more I talk to him online the worse it's getting to be!

Oh and I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, although he does have some issues from the past that he has to sort out, as do I.

hintah

This is what you should say

Tell him:

I don't know your situation, but when you're in between girlfriends, can you please give me a call. Have a note prepared with your phone number.

I hope this helps.

Top Threads
He hasnt asked me on third date
I met this guy online. Before we go out, he knew I am really really shy and I warned him that I might be too shy to speak.. But we sent lengthy
Tell me what you guys think...
Im interested in a girl, and I may be wrong obviously, but I think she is somewhat interested in me... To add she seems like the shyer type (idk why
I'm really conflicted at what to do next..
So last semester I developed a crush on this guy in one of my classes. The class was like a collaboration type class so it was me and him and two
Is he interested?
So Im a 19 y/o girl and I've never been in a relationship before and I don't really speak to many guys. Theres is a guy who is a few years older than
Girl at work
Hi, my name is Matthew and I'm 22 and I live in Colombia. I recently started up an internship in a hotel since my university requires 6 months of
Shyness
So there is this guy who goes to a different school than me but we're both on the bowling team . I've seen him around but I am too shy to talk to him

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice