Ask For Advice

Thread: Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Bluelighted

Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Ok for starters, this is a neat forum, I am glad I found it.

I am a pretty shy person myself when I talk to people that I like, otherwise I am totally fine in most situations.

But...there is this man that I most definitely like. He is 31, I am 25. Anyhow, I think he is shy like me, and it's hard getting anywhere with him.

We used to work together and during that time we flirted quite a bit, although I think he is a flirt in general.

After I left that job he told me to come back and visit, which I then have done 3 times since (I left the job at the beginning of Sept), while he is at work. The first two times went pretty well, for some reason I was not that nervous, and when we got to talking we were completely okay. We found out details about each other like where he lives, where I live, issues at work etc. he seemed sort of nervous the first meeting though. At the third visit, we stared at each other back and forth (he works at hockey games so I went to "watch" the game), but I didn't go up to him because I was much more nervous than usual.

In the meantime we converse over the internet, and I have tried to subtly ask him if he wanted to do something outside of his work, but he avoids the issue. He did say that he hopes to see me at the next game and for me to make sure I find him. This next game is in a few days.

So at this next meeting, I know I have to get over my fear and just go up to him, but knowing that he is shy as well (at least I think so, he likes to just look at me so many times) makes me feel worse.

What can I do? It seems like the more I talk to him online the worse it's getting to be!

Oh and I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, although he does have some issues from the past that he has to sort out, as do I.

hintah

This is what you should say

Tell him:

I don't know your situation, but when you're in between girlfriends, can you please give me a call. Have a note prepared with your phone number.

I hope this helps.

Top Threads
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Only casual?
Hey guys, So I've been crushing on this guy for a while. To start from the beginning, I met this guy accidentally through friends and I've been
I can't tell whether he's shy or uninterested?
My crush is a very shy guy. He won't talk to anyone but his friends. I'm assuming he knows that I like him because I was asking one of his friends
How do I make friends if I'm shy?
Hi everyone, this is my second post on this forum, I've been reading a lot of posts here and fond it helpful, however I think I need some advice on
Is she loving me ?
Hello my name is Gabriel i have 20 years old and i am in love whit Diane 20 years old . So ill tell you the story and please tell should i confese

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice