Ask For Advice

Thread: Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Bluelighted

Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Ok for starters, this is a neat forum, I am glad I found it.

I am a pretty shy person myself when I talk to people that I like, otherwise I am totally fine in most situations.

But...there is this man that I most definitely like. He is 31, I am 25. Anyhow, I think he is shy like me, and it's hard getting anywhere with him.

We used to work together and during that time we flirted quite a bit, although I think he is a flirt in general.

After I left that job he told me to come back and visit, which I then have done 3 times since (I left the job at the beginning of Sept), while he is at work. The first two times went pretty well, for some reason I was not that nervous, and when we got to talking we were completely okay. We found out details about each other like where he lives, where I live, issues at work etc. he seemed sort of nervous the first meeting though. At the third visit, we stared at each other back and forth (he works at hockey games so I went to "watch" the game), but I didn't go up to him because I was much more nervous than usual.

In the meantime we converse over the internet, and I have tried to subtly ask him if he wanted to do something outside of his work, but he avoids the issue. He did say that he hopes to see me at the next game and for me to make sure I find him. This next game is in a few days.

So at this next meeting, I know I have to get over my fear and just go up to him, but knowing that he is shy as well (at least I think so, he likes to just look at me so many times) makes me feel worse.

What can I do? It seems like the more I talk to him online the worse it's getting to be!

Oh and I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, although he does have some issues from the past that he has to sort out, as do I.

hintah

This is what you should say

Tell him:

I don't know your situation, but when you're in between girlfriends, can you please give me a call. Have a note prepared with your phone number.

I hope this helps.

Top Threads
Why Does Intimacy Spell "The End?"
Hi There, I'm a first-time poster, and am so glad for a place where I can share a situation that's puzzling me! Briefly, I'm a 57-year-old man
Where and how to meet shy guys???
There's something about shy guys that I've always found really endearing and attractive. I'm pretty introverted myself so it's usually a deal breaker
Wait for him to make the first move or should I ask him out?
I recently went to prom with my crush and had a great time, and I'm pretty sure he did as well. We're both very shy (obviously based on the forum

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice