Ask For Advice

Thread: Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Advice on how to pursue a shy man

Ok for starters, this is a neat forum, I am glad I found it.

I am a pretty shy person myself when I talk to people that I like, otherwise I am totally fine in most situations.

But...there is this man that I most definitely like. He is 31, I am 25. Anyhow, I think he is shy like me, and it's hard getting anywhere with him.

We used to work together and during that time we flirted quite a bit, although I think he is a flirt in general.

After I left that job he told me to come back and visit, which I then have done 3 times since (I left the job at the beginning of Sept), while he is at work. The first two times went pretty well, for some reason I was not that nervous, and when we got to talking we were completely okay. We found out details about each other like where he lives, where I live, issues at work etc. he seemed sort of nervous the first meeting though. At the third visit, we stared at each other back and forth (he works at hockey games so I went to "watch" the game), but I didn't go up to him because I was much more nervous than usual.

In the meantime we converse over the internet, and I have tried to subtly ask him if he wanted to do something outside of his work, but he avoids the issue. He did say that he hopes to see me at the next game and for me to make sure I find him. This next game is in a few days.

So at this next meeting, I know I have to get over my fear and just go up to him, but knowing that he is shy as well (at least I think so, he likes to just look at me so many times) makes me feel worse.

What can I do? It seems like the more I talk to him online the worse it's getting to be!

Oh and I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, although he does have some issues from the past that he has to sort out, as do I.

Chapel Hill, NC

This is what you should say

Tell him:

I don't know your situation, but when you're in between girlfriends, can you please give me a call. Have a note prepared with your phone number.

I hope this helps.

Top Threads
Does he want to meet up?
A few years ago I met this guy on vacation in Portugal. He was a waiter at this restaurateur that me and my family went to a lot. Naturally because
Teen romance drama
I'm a teenage girl in 8th grade, and I'm going through some confusing stuff with my crush. This isn't his real name for privacy reasons but I will

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is there any hope for my relationship?
Hello, I hope somebody can offer some advice please. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 and half years and he's never told me that he loves me. I
is it normal for women to ask married men to buy them underwear?
Hey, new to this and kinda don't know how it works but here goes.... I'm married my husband works offshore, which means he spends a fortnight at
Love spells to bring back an ex?
My relationship with my ex was perfect. I fell in love for the first time in my life and I loved him with everything I had. We went through harsh
This is probably going to sound stupid but I don't know what to do
Hi everyone, I'm new on here so I apologise if I miss anything or get something wrong. I was told this was a friendly but honest place to ask advice
Found my girlfriend reaching out to another guy after an argument
Not one to post here, but need an outsiders perspective please. Had a drunk argument with my girlfriend late Friday night. I left her apartment to
It happened!! Ex wants to get back together
Hello ENA people, I've been in NC for months. So my ex calls me out of the blue because he wants to get back together. He heard from a friend
She called my brain 'unique' and its working 'laughable'- call off?
So we've been dating for seven months. We're 21 and 20, and in love. We haven't ever had anything to fight about really, we were just having this
Ask For Advice